Conquests version of watercolor terrain

I gotta try this out.

And Warpstorm, thank you:D

BTW, Warpstorm, why do the river deltas sometimes appear in the coastal tiles? Having played on the original tileset only once, I don't remember if this is supposed to happen; but the only other tileset I use is someone's (I regret I don't remember his callname) wonderful but incomplete 'handdrawn-style' tile set, and the deltas never form in the coastal tiles on this set.

And the fact that one set will misplace the delta while another will not confuses me because I am assuming that all tileset modding uses the same technique in replacing the originals.

I don't know, RM. My deltas and coast are exactly the same size, shape, and position as the original Civ3 graphics (I didn't know what was allowed to change at the time I did them). For the most part my graphics are just recoloring the original tiles leaving the shapes and positions alone. It may be that on some tile sets it is easier to see this, or that some people took it into account.

yeah, i know; i don't think you did anything wrong. but i wonder what's going on.:confused:

but, what can i do? as a brave hero once said: you can take away my life; but you can't take away my Warpstorm tileset!!!:thumbsup:

Originally posted by warpstorm
Unfortunately, there is no flood plain tile graphic. It uses the desert tile. In random maps it seems to only generate them next to rivers and uses the river flood plains overlay.

Sorry about that, my mistake. I feal like a super newb right now :blush:

In response to that delta question. That happens with the normal Civ3 graphixs. Sometimes the rivers even run along the coast. That's very rare, but it happened to me once in a game. :confused: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by tjedge1
In response to that delta question. That happens with the normal Civ3 graphixs. Sometimes the rivers even run along the coast. That's very rare, but it happened to me once in a game. :confused: :rolleyes:

You know why this occurs, right, Tjedge1? It's because the freshwater river and the saltwater sea have different densities. It's true. About couple of miles from where I live, the Los Angeles River runs right along the coast of Newport Beach. It's why no one has ever seen this great American river.:mischief:

Originally posted by Runamok Monkey

You know why this occurs, right, Tjedge1? It's because the freshwater river and the saltwater sea have different densities. It's true. About couple of miles from where I live, the Los Angeles River runs right along the coast of Newport Beach. It's why no one has ever seen this great American river.:mischief:

:eek: :lol:

BTW, thanks TF. I kept forgetting to put a good screenshot in this thread.

Great work warpstorm!!! I've been using your terrain since it came out and couldn't be any happier.

Warpstorm,
I love this terrain mod. :goodjob: I saw mention that you would try watercolor Niessuh's irrigations in his thread. Have you done this? I would love to see how they come out.

Does anyone have these to put back up? The links are dead and I'd really like to use an updated watercolor terrain for C3C.

great thanks for the tip. thanks for the mod too, i used to use the pre-c3c ones but that was years ago. :-D

can someone plase give me a step my step edxplantion of how to use these graphics. i have civilzation 3 complete and i want to use a world map (tetturkans or something with these graphics. i have tried importing graphics from tcw 1.6 (very similar to these) and i have also messed around with the art folders

I don't know the CComplete file structure, but it really is quite easy:

1. Locate the standard terrain files (this will be in the C:\...\art\terrain folder).

2. BACKUP THESE FILES!

3. Replace with Warpstorm's.

That's it.

Enjoy,

Oz

I am amazed how short the thread for this amazingly beautiful terrain mod was. Is this the best and final version?

Top Bottom