Contentists

Pellaken

The one and only.
THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED FOR CLARITY

Well, it appears as if there is only 1 thing left that I belive in that hasent yet been shot down, so here goes:

We are the contentists.

what do we belive? simple. as many citizens as possible should be content.

what this dosent mean:
we will not stop happy citizens, if its belived that we need some "we like the ___ days" then we should be free to do so.

but generally, our belif is this:
20 content citizens are better then 10 happy and 10 unhappy ones.

what this means: {edited section}
We will make as many content citizens as possible with the lowest cost possible. Lets assume we are a monarchy, 3 units supported, 3 citizens are born content. this means we should use martial law, to make 6 people happy. lets say the population is 7, what then? build a temple. lets assume it makes 2 people happy, what then? build a collesuem, then a cathedral. now we are up to 15. what if we have 16 people? eathier an entertainer or luxeries. Another belif is that we should build wonders. Hanging gardens, Cure for cancer, Shakespears if we are going for 1 or more mega-cities, etc. once we build these wonders we may want to sell some non-used happy buildings, to get more money, and reduce spending.

this is our sig :sleep:
mostley just cause its funny. and the guy looks pretty content, more so then eahthier happy or unhappy anyways.

note-this is not a political party, as we have 1, not many agenda's

Members in good standing {permanent}:
Pellaken

Temporary members in good standing{changeable at election time}:
Ohwell

Your continually showing your ignorence of this game system, Pel. :rolleyes:

In the early eras, as long as cities stay out of revolt, that is enough.

Also, if you have Michangelos, Bach's, and Cure for cancer, and build temples, you can maintain a luxery rate of 10% or even 0% at Emperor level under certain cirtumstances, depending on trade routes and government types, and avoid expensive (and unneeded) colloseums.

A novel idea, but I'm afraid I have to agree with AoA.

Our science rate is way to low right now, and should be propped up first and foremost.

Temples soak up too much revenue at this early stage, for little return.

Theres no unhappiness that a little Martial Law cant handle.:hammer:

Thats what Im talking about! :D Martial law is just what we need, it is the basic principle of all my games, I rarley go to Democracy, it goes like- Despotism- Monarchy(till I get Comunism,sometimes republic)Communsim. Haha, I love this smiley! :hammer:

quote as soon as I saw your messages from my MSN messenger:
Pellaken says:
argg
Pellaken says:
I am gettinf frustrated
Janel says:
why?
Pellaken says:
cause, these guys in the forum apperentley dont understand english. they are arguing against me by arguing at what I say is good!

here, listen to what I say. I want content citizens. not happy ones. that means these things:
*under a democracy or a republic, build temples.
*keep the lux rate low so we can have the science {or tax} rate high
*use martail law at every chance when a non-democratic government
*in the end, keep as many citizens as possible CONTENT. not happy, or unhappy. if we need some happy people to balance out with unhappy ones that cant be made content, that is just fine.

now. so far I can see
Alcibiaties of Athenae
joespaniel
Ohwell
all agree with these policies. if you guys wanna become official members, then sign up here

*in the end, keep as many citizens as possible CONTENT. not happy, or unhappy. if we need some happy people to balance out with unhappy ones that cant be made content, that is just fine.

Uhm ,in the end i want to keep as many citizin's as possible HAPPY, so that our city's will celebrate and so grow very fast in democracy.For a specific time only, when full grown we can maximize or science or tax output.

Uh, yeah, I sort of agree with Ducky. But for now, I do agree that we don't need happy people, it is a waste of rescorces and growth. Our science is inportant right now.

Pellaken, put me on as a temporary member. I will leave when it seems happiness counts.

Top Bottom