Continued Monarch Student^ Bullpen

BigTime

Prince
Welcome to the continued bullpen of the Monarch Student Prime series! This is a link to past and present Monarch Student prime games. Meatbuster's MS^ bullpen can be found at this link

Alright, since Mike has revived this series we've had 5 games. I believe it is time to start a new bullpen instead of just posting the games in Meatbuster's bullpen. I haven't heard from Mike in a while, so I have taken the liberty of making a new bullpen.

Without further ado, the new bullpen, starting from number 11:

11- MSXI: Suryavarman of Khmer (1/5/10) Hosted by mjg5591

12- MSXII: Washington of America (1/12/10) Hosted by mjg5591

13- MSXIII: Boudica of Celtia (1/19/10) Hosted by BigTime

14- MSXIV: Ramesses II of Egypt (1/26/10) Hosted by BigTime

15- MSXV: Suleiman of the Ottoman Empire (2/2/10) Hosted by BigTime

16- MSXVI: Saladin of Arabia (2/9/10) Hosted by BigTime

17- MSXVII: Peter of Russia (2/16/10) Hosted by BigTime

18- MSXVIII: Ragnar of the Vikings (2/23/10) Hosted by BigTime

19- MSXIX: Zara Yaqob of Ethiopia (3/2/10) Hosted by BigTime

20- MSXX: Genghis Khan of Mongolia (3/9/10) Hosted by BigTime

21- MSXXI Isabella of Spain (3/16/10) Hosted by BigTime

22- MSXXII Huayna Capac of Inca (3/30/10) Hosted by BigTime

23- MSXXIII Frederick of Germany (5/28/10) Hosted by CivilizedTiger

24- MSXXIV Montezuma of Aztec (1/10/11) Hosted by BigTime

25- MSXXV Charlemagne of Holy Rome (1/17/11) Hosted by BigTime

26- MSXXVI Joao II of Portugal (1/24/11) Hosted by BigTime

27- MSXXVII Hannibal of Carthage (1/31/11) Hosted by BigTime

28- MSXXVIII Mao Zedong of China (2/7/11) Hosted by BigTime

29- MSXXIX Roosevelt of America (2/14/11) Hosted by BigTime

30- MSXXX Pericles of Greece (2/21/11) Hosted by BigTime

31- MSXXXI Shaka of Zululand (2/28/11) Hosted by BigTime

32- MSXXXII Gandhi of India (3/7/11) Hosted by BigTime

33- MSXXXIII Victoria of England (3/14/11) Hosted by BigTime

34- MSXXXIV Stalin of Russia (3/21/11) Hosted by BigTime

35- MSXXXV Mehmed II of the Ottoman Empire (3/28/11) Hosted by BigTime

36- MSXXXVI Gilgamesh of Sumeria (4/4/11) Hosted by BigTime

37- MSXXXVII Brennus of Celtia (4/11/11) Hosted by BigTime

38- MSXXXVIII Alexander of Greece (4/18/11) Hosted by BigTime

39- MSXXXIX Julius Caesar of Rome (5/2/11) Hosted by BigTime

Subscribed.

Thanks for keeping the monarch student series going. :)

Saladin, my favorite leader! Can't wait. :D

I had to finish Suleiman's game yet! :)

Can we please have some easier games as well? And by this I mostly mean leaders/civs. :D I see we will play as Ragnar very soon, with 1-2 rivers, that game will definitely be easier than others so far. Perhaps other leaders could be Willem, or Hannibal. (considering Carthage's UB, I think Hannibal is one of the easiest to play as)

all of those next four leaders are very strong IMO. Peter has a great UU and solid traits, ragnar is FINANCIAL, zara has a great set of traits and a good UU and Genghis has a top-tier UU/UB combo.... They are all strong leaders.... I'm not going to give a financial civ every time. Williem has already been done, but look for Hannibal soon though. I would only say the Saladin game (out of the ones I've hosted) was hard. Suleiman was easy. and for Ramesses I gave you stone AND horses nearby. What more do you want? :p

Oddly enough, I suspect Ragnar is the weakest of the FINs, mainly due to mediocre starting techs and a very "Meh" UB.

I don't think Cossacks are all that special either, but Russia is a good civ anyway. Looking forward to trying Peter.

Zara is a monster, one of the best. Dunno much about the Mongols, the randomiser has yet to give me them!

Anyhoo, good work BigTime, your efforts are appreciated. :)

all of those next four leaders are very strong IMO. Peter has a great UU and solid traits, ragnar is FINANCIAL, zara has a great set of traits and a good UU and Genghis has a top-tier UU/UB combo.... They are all strong leaders.... I'm not going to give a financial civ every time. Williem has already been done, but look for Hannibal soon though. I would only say the Saladin game (out of the ones I've hosted) was hard. Suleiman was easy. and for Ramesses I gave you stone AND horses nearby. What more do you want? :p

Not saying that no game was easy so far, only that there are some stronger leaders out there for people like me, who haven't quite managed monarch in the previous games, but are getting a bit bored of prince.

Monarch Student ^ 17 is up, with Peter of Russia:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=8905739#post8905739

Go forth and play :)

@ Civilized Tiger

If you want to move up a level, the best way is to make sure you can win with ANY leader, not just financial ones like you seem to like. Financial with a lot of riverside is just too strong. Learn to play non-financial leaders. Peter is a fine leader with good traits, play this game at Monarch and evaluate yourself.

I will most likely lose this one at monarch, but I will try it. :D (As for leaders... it's not just financial, but I do admit that there are some traits I'm just very used to, and that's not helping one be a good player - creative is another trait I kind of overuse :))

I'm in for # 21, just finished my own Keshik domination game using Kublai. Flanking 2 Cavalry are such beasts!

I win very consistently at Prince (I know, not saying much) but rarely at Monarch, so this should be perfect for me!

Top Bottom