Converting a map script from SP to MP.

Chum

King
I'm at a bit of a loss, and I'm clearly overlooking something, so I'm looking for someone more knowledgeable than me to chime in here.

I'm trying to use Acken's Mod mapscripts (AMBpangea and AMBcontinents, from here) in multiplayer. Here's the hitch - I've already figured out how to do this once, but I can't make the new version of the map script work.

I started out by analyzing the .lua file in notepad++ and comparing it to something that I know works in MP - in this case, Hellblazer's map packs. I found a key difference on line 26, which is the "SupportsMultiplayer = true," line. Then I moved the map folder within Acken's mod to where Hellblazer's maps currently sit, which is in the civ5/assets/maps folder. That's when the MP map selection window populated with both of Acken's maps, and success was had.

He updated his map script with a few changes to correct some resource troubles, and when I went to redo the changes I had done to the new files, I am unable to make the newest version of the maps appear in MP. I added the supportsmultiplayer line of code in exactly the same as I have it in maps that already work, and put them in the exact same place as maps that already work, and they do not appear in the multiplayer drop down. Does anyone have any idea why, or what I have missed?

AMBpangaea newest version (does not work) and Hellblazer's Oval (does work) are in the attached .zip file. HBOval loads fine from the multiplayer menu, but I can't for the life of me get the Acken Mod one to.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• mpmaptroubles.zip
    14 KB · Views: 28
a) make sure you have no duplicates anywhere and b) try deleting the Civ5DebugDatabase.db file from the cache sub-directory

Boy, that "Anywhere" word is really important. That did the trick.

Thanks man!

Top Bottom