CoS Discussion: Legal Instructions

I also think K.1 is begging for trouble. It would be far better to just assume everything in the TCIT is legal, and if someone goofed then they're responsible, not the DP. Besides, the determination of who should post (as K.1 is currently written this seems to be the focus) is trivial compared to deciding which department an instruction should apply to. That should be a question for the judiciary as a JR (not a citizen complaint unless it is obvious the erroneous post was intended to overstep a departments bounds).

One thing troubles me, and that is the apparent desire to disallow instructions in the form of "do what this poll says". As one example, I'm usually very well prepared way in advance, but can't always check the poll and post its result just over 1 hour in advance of the turn chat time. I want to give the people their say, and there is rarely time to do a discussion and a poll of reasonable length which ends more than 8-12 hours before the TC so the responsible leader can check the poll and post an instruction during a time he/she is available.

K.1 could be trouble, especially since we'd be giving this power to a single person. Perhaps if the judiciary was involved in some fashion, in place of the VP, we could make the clause work.

Code:
K.  A legal instruction is any instruction, posted in the
    turn chat instruction thread at least one hour prior to
    the start of the turn chat, by a citizen empowered to 
    do so, within the limitations of the office the citizen 
    is representing.

Back to the simple version!

Dave, there is nothing (and hopefully never will be anything) that would prevent a "see this poll" type of instruction.

However, using that type of instruction is always subject to problems if the poll doesn't close prior to the chat - as the DP can look at that during prep, take action, and not worry about it. People then come it to vote, change the result, the DP gets yelled at for not following the instructions!

My personal opinion is that so long as the poll closes 1 hour before the chat, shouldn't be a problem. Anything other than that - there is a risk that the result could change after the DP acts upon it.

-- Ravensfire

Poll has been posted Here

-- Ravensfire

Top Bottom