Crash in Civ Beyond Earth After Selecting Seeding Options

This is on a desktop
Well you might want to check the power settings anyway, maybe someone sunk in late at night and changed them ;).
Maybe the first patch will address these crash after initial movie issues at least it sounds like they are working on it.

Any update from Firaxis on when a patch might be out? I saw they posted that they will be fixing crashes with a patch in the future.

Hey! Did you manage to get this fixed? Since I downloaded the patch I'm having similar issues. My game hangs on the "generating world" screen then crashes with "Beyond Earth has stopped responding", same error immediately if I load a saved game.

Would be interested to know if you managed to fix it as I'm just about to start trying out the rest of the advice in this thread :)

Hey! Did you manage to get this fixed? Since I downloaded the patch I'm having similar issues. My game hangs on the "generating world" screen then crashes with "Beyond Earth has stopped responding", same error immediately if I load a saved game.

Would be interested to know if you managed to fix it as I'm just about to start trying out the rest of the advice in this thread :)

This has just started happening to me as well. Worked perfectly fine prior to the patch. Doesn't matter whether it's a save or a new game either.

Me four, I tried updating my graphics drivers becauses BE has been complaining they are way out of date since install but I never had a problem before. Did not fix issue. I started a reinstall via steam before I left for work so when I get home in the morning ill find out if that fixed the issue. I'm pretty mad that a game I paid $35 for that used to be working is now unplayable.

This is now happening to me. I crash 9/10 times after the intro movie(patch did not fix this...), and now when I do get through, I crash as soon as the green arrow to start the game appears(new with patch...).

I assume that if I do manage to get a game started, loading will potentially crash it as well. So the game is unplayable.

Seems the patch is flaky, getting the same errors here too. It won't load an old save game (get a cursor on a black screen) and get the same once you set up your initial conditions and proceed to load the map.

Me too. Worked fine before the patch, now freezing at the journal/map loading splash. The anger! Tried updating directx and nvidia driver and now it just crashes more reliably instead of needing a ctr-alt-del.

I'm having the same issue as well. This also happened with xcom, which is also a firaxis game. I guess shoddy patches are their thing. The only solution that seemed to work(in xcom) was removing the game, re-installing, and refusing to dl the patch. I don't think that's an option for us who got this through steam.

I am having all of the same issues you are FaithIsReason. I have a much less helpful post than yours out as well: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=540299. Actually, I see some helpful people posted their DxDiag.txt into my post, so it's actually somewhat helpful now too.

I'm so glad Firaxis responded to you. Hopefully those of us with this issue can get some resolution for this!

Sadly, my issue has NOT been fixed with the patch. I am still crashing at the loading screen for the game map.

sewam problem here. Before patch everything was fine. After patch, after game setup loading screen appears and that´s it. My gc is a NVIDA Geforce GTX 260.

Attachments

• civilizationbe_dx11_55361_crash_2014_12_10T20_16_44C0.mdmp
    316.4 KB · Views: 221
Me 8th. Just reporting in to validate that this problem happens on a broad spectrum of systems. I also crash since the patch (no problems prior). I think we have established at this point that this is a more general issue. I'm playing the game on a low-end (old) laptop. You can save yourself the trouble of validating game files or reinstalling; these are not going to solve this.

All of you who have posted here: Do you all have Nvidia cards? We can rule out crashes from any specific card but it could be a general Nvidia issue.

-
EDIT: Tested to see if Duel-sized map will run. No, game still crashes.

Crazy twist, my system is dual boot and under windows the game is broken post-patch but under macOS it apparently works fine with the patch. Graphics card is the nvidia 9400M on a macbook.

The game no longer runs after the patch. I use the Minimum or Low graphics profile with
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT (pair in SLI mode) in a Dell XPS 630i Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. 8GB RAM.

Using VS 2008 JIT Debugging reports:
Unhandled exception at 0x627e4bee in CivilizationBE_DX11.exe 0xC0000005:
Access violation reading location 0x00000031.

I was enjoying the game - now I can't - I hope this get fixed REALLY soon.

I cannot locate any place to post this where the developers can see it. If you know or have access to such please forward this. I can provide additional information from the VS 2008 JIT Debug if it would help.

Nvidea GTX 260 216 1GB SE something something.

Worked flawlessly before patch, no crashes, no graphics errors.

Cannot run duel maps either. Always the same crash.

Top Bottom