1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

crash on landing

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Technical Support' started by bruderpetrus, Oct 18, 2005.

1. bruderpetrus

bruderpetrus Chieftain

got my civ mpg installed on two comps (each win98se). on the one everything works fine, but on the other it crashes whenever it is time to show the landing spaceship.

it´s waste to get a bug when i´m the winner. is it because the AI is unhappy about loosing?

2. Titi

Titi Prince

:lol:
    And some still don't agree that the AI cheats?

3. Mercator

Mercator Emperor

Does it crash when trying to show other videos as well? E.g. when you start up Civ2 with the CD in the drive, or when you get killed and lose.

If so, it's probably a problem with the video codec. Try re-installing the Indeo driver (called Video for Windows) from your Civ2 CD. I think it's in the VFW folder (?). Run the setup program in that folder.

4. bruderpetrus

bruderpetrus Chieftain

have no folder like that

installed the full game another time, same problem.

never able to watch any of the wonder movies. do not really care cause the game last on but still unable to get the results after winning by ssl.

and: i can loose and get the result, i can conquer and get the result.

5. Mercator

Mercator Emperor

6. bruderpetrus

bruderpetrus Chieftain

thanks for help

codec download causes crash. my mozilla stops working. can´t stop it with task manager. seems to be no option trying this.

maybe i get get it from somewhere else.