Creating a Civ club

Caesar of Bread

Trans Gordon Ramsay
Hi all,
I'm trying to create a club based around historical games, and I thought Civ VI would be a good game to start off with. I have some questions:
1 - What should I name it?
2 - How do we get to play Civ together?

Tell us more about your ideas for the club. In person, located where you live? Online? Do you want people to play the games (like Civ) in multi-player, or are you also trying to attract people who like to play single player, from the same starting point?
Maybe call it, "Playing with History"?

Tell us more about your ideas for the club. In person, located where you live? Online? Do you want people to play the games (like Civ) in multi-player, or are you also trying to attract people who like to play single player, from the same starting point?
Maybe call it, "Playing with History"?
Probably in the school I am going to or with friends from the school I currently am in.

Probably in the school I am going to or with friends from the school I currently am in.
Excellent! The first aspect to check is the process and procedure for creating clubs with the school, if you want it to be a school-recognized club. If you want to just create a club for your friends, outside of school sponsorship, that's fine also.

With a smaller group, you could certainly encourage them to visit our Civfanatics site. You may also want to consider setting up a Discord channel or other social media space to allow you to share thoughts and experiences within the group itself.
If the club members also want to play Old World or Humankind, see if they have similar spaces for interaction and learning.

Let the group talk about how they want to branch out. Maybe they want to play together, on Civ6 multi-player. Maybe they just want to tell stories about what happened last night, or which game they want to try next.

TBH, if that is in RL, I would go with historical board games first.
That requires a regulary physical get-together, which is pretty much what a club needs.
I would only extend this to computer games if the above is kinda stable.

Top Bottom