1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Creating New Mod for Removing Air Units

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Project & Mod Development' started by DarkPump420, Jun 15, 2020.

Tags:
  1. DarkPump420

DarkPump420 Chieftain

I'm trying to create a mod that removes all fighters and bombers from the game. I have zero previous modding experience, so rather than trying to create a mod from scratch using the SDK, I downloaded an existing mod - called "Removing Units" - and modified it using Notepad. The mod removes 6 units: mechanized infantry, XCOM squads, giant death robots, atomic bombs, nuclear missiles, and stealth bombers (which, conveniently, is one of the units I want to remove anyway). So I modified the text file, leaving the stealth bomber references unchanged but swapping the names of the other units with those that I want to remove: the great war bomber, bomber, triplane, fighter, jet fighter, American B17, and Japanese Zero. I also changed one of the characters in the mod ID number so that the mods wouldn't conflict with each other. I renamed the mod, saved it under MODS in my Civ 5 folder, checked the box for it under the mods list in the startup menu, and started a new game. However, fighters and bombers are still able to be built. I have attached the .xml files for both the original Removing Units mod and my attempt to edit it. If anyone could tell me what it is that I'm doing wrong, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Attached Files: