Creating the Phoenatica National Park System

Cyc

Looking for the door...
Phoenatica National Parks

Have you thought about this at all? There is a discussion in the Domestic Department thread about inaugurating the National Park System with the opening of Blue Mountain National Park. This Park would use acreage from both Kashmir and Asphinxia Provinces. What do you think about a National Park System with a possible Park Service to protect and care for it? Please discuss.

As Mayor of Elephantine, I strongly support the current proposal for the creation of the Blue Mountains National Park. I see the park drawing tourists and residents to Elephantine and other foothill cities in Asphinxia and Kashmir.

Soon I am sure that the incredibly scenic Blue Mountain Railway between Elephantine and Delphi will be on everyone's vacation agenda.

And remember, only Blue Mountains foothill cities serve authentic Blue Mountain Coffee!

(brought to you by the Elephantine Chamber of Commerce. Come visit Apshinxia's Third City! After all, Thirds a Charm! (tm))

Great!! I fully suport it! ...we haven't discovered enviromentalism yet, have we? ...anyway, let's do it!

Ehecatl Atzin

Ecology is in it's early stages already.:)
Let it be known that as long as we can still clear our jungles, the proposed PNPS has the support of the the Scythian government.

This Proclamation was posted in the Delphi Thread early yesterday morning. I thought I would repost it here.

Proclamation!
The Domestic Department wishes to acknowledge the great efforts of the city of Delphi's Mayor Disorganizer. Through his works and concerns for the Natural and Spiritual development of the Province of Kashmir, already rich in heritage, a proposal has been initiated to inaugurate the National Parks of Phoenatica. If accepted and a move to create this entity is successful, the first National Park boundries will be laid out in Kashmir Province. The Domestic Department supports this movement and will try to help it come to fruition. We urge all citizens of Phoenatica to do the same.

Cyc
Domestic Leader

Reviewing the maps of Phoenatica, I would like to suggest possible site for future National Parks in our Nation. These are only suggestions for you to consider, but I thought I would place them here now.

The coastal/mountain area between Shailonegha and Miami

The coastal/mountain area Southeast of Atlanta

The mountains surrounding Robinville

The Inland Sea coastline

The mountains South of Fox Nest

The Hills surrounding Seantoria

These are not listed in any specific order and if chosen as future sites (by future polls), would follow the Blue Mountain National Park in placement of the PNPS Registry. Comments?

We should pull to the minds of the mayors and governors that living next to a park comes with some disadvantages:

1) NO RAILROADS!
unnecessary railroads are not allowed, only direct connection between cities will be allowed. all RR-building has to be authorized by the park-service
2) NO POLLUTING IMPROOVEMENTS
all cities lying directly at the borders or even in the park area are not allowed to build any polluting improovements
3) MINING AND IRRIGATION
only allowed on approval of park-service
4) WORKERS
must clean pollution in park areas first
5) UNPOLLUTING IMPROOVEMENTS
are preferred for mayors in vincinity of park. pollution reduction must be their first goal.

these rules should be there for parks to not destroy nature there. roads will be allowed, though.

so, we will have nice recreational areas and parks, on expense of production in the cities there.

to the topic of the inland sea:
good idea. maybe a sight-seeing RR around its shore would be nice.

i propose we start the building of the "BLUE MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK" soon. I offer a building in delphi as the headquater of the PPS (Phoenatican Park Service).
Any1 volunteering as Park-Ranger ;-) ?

We should run a poll for the creation of the PNPS. Can you start up one Sunday around 1800 GMT, Dis? Something like "Do you approve of creating the PNPS and allocating certain Phoenatica Lands (starting with Blue Mountain NP) to the Park System by approval polls?" - YES, NO, Abstain? Sorry I'm going to miss it, But I'll check in.

Originally posted by Octavian X
The Inland sea is a great place for a park. Native ships still sail there.

Yeah and obscure the view of Byblos from the air!! When they become available, I'm gonna requst special funding to buy a cruise missile and pound that ship into itty bitty pieces, in an environmentally friendly way of cource.

About the park, I'm afraid the land around Byblos and Anyang which borders the inland sea is due to be developed. It is unfortunate that this means a NP cannot be created there, but the production is vital.

lol, I have often looked at that trapped barb and thought about our glorios past :D I have no problems in leaving it there.

I wonder how those barbs get food? Fishing?

We should get an Iroquois city on the island in the peace treaty. It might make a decent resort area. ;)

I also request the headquarter of the PNPS to be built in delphi, as this is our first city totally within a national park!

Top Bottom