1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Creatures in War [CIW] [Mod in the making] [Need some support and ideas]

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Zlatko, Aug 11, 2012.

1. clanky4

clanky4 Emperor

Yeah the grey alien's model is small in nifskope and blender. But the model gets stretched out with the skeleton in game.

2. Zlatko

Zlatko CIW

3. Zlatko

Zlatko CIW

Which cities belong to evil and which to good in Lords of the Rings. Who know good Lords of the Rings series and world ?

Code:
    				<City>Mordor</City>
    				<City>Gondor</City>
    				<City>Rohan</City>
    				<City>Rhun</City>
    				<City>Rhovanion</City>
    				<City>Eriador</City>
    				<City>Lindon</City>
    				<City>Khand</City>
    				<City>Harad</City>
    				<City>Minas Tinth</City>
    				<City>Minas Morgul</City>
    				<City>Orodruin</City>
    				<City>Barad_dur</City>
    				<City>Morannon</City>
    				<City>Edoras</City>
    				<City>Dol Guldur</City>
    				<City>Moria</City>
    				<City>Erebor</City>
    				<City>Isengard</City>
    				<City>Rivendell</City>
    				<City>Bree</City>
    				<City>Mithlond</City>
    				<City>The Shire</City>
    				<City>Helms Deep</City>

4. Al Capone

Al Capone Warrior

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask nor could I find any helping information yet, therefore I will ask here:

When I regularly load the mod into the game, it starts perfectly well, but all text fields are blank. It is hard to navigate under these circumstances, but I managed to start a regular game. In-game it is the same: No fonts or texts whatsoever, but the buttons are there (I can tell from seeing them lighting up when drawing the curser over them).
    And yes: I have the v3.19 of BtS, the Hotfix is installed as well and I copied it in the right directory (other mods work out fine). The very same problem occurs with the mod "History in the making". Maybe the reason for the problem is the same so someone might be able to tell me how to fix this.

Thank you in advance. :)

Edit: Same problem now with the "History Rewritten" mod. :mad:

5. God-Emperor

God-Emperor Deity

Sounds like a language issue. If you have the game set to something other than English, try English instead.

If there is a single entry in any of the files that specify text which is missing an entry for the language you are using it will not display the text at all. (As far as I know, the only mod which has fixed this is Caveman 2 Cosmos, which displays the English for anything that is missing in any other language. I don't think that even my Rocks 2 Rockets mod-mod of C2C does this yet - as I recall, the improved language text processing is several DLL updates ahead of where that is.)

6. Al Capone

Al Capone Warrior

:wallbash:

Stupid me. Of course. Thank you very much! :)

7. Archid

Archid Warlord

The answer depends on the time period you are talking about. E.g. The Towers of the Teeth at the entrance to Mordor were originally built by Gondor in the Second Age, only to be abandoned and taken over by Sauron in the Third Age. I expect you are talking about the Third Age which is the time period during the Hobbit and LOTR books but there is no definitive answer to this question.

The following links are pretty good resources about Middle Earth, but a simple search on Google will provide the history for any location.

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Middle-earth
    http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Middle-earth

8. topsecret

topsecret Believer Supporter

LOTR info:
    Mordor - A land/nation, not a city. However, there were some cities there. See below, you have some listed. Evil, Sauron/Orcs
    Gondor - Same as above, a land/nation, not a city. Good. Men
    Rohan - Same as above, a land/nation, not a city. Good, Men
    Rhun - Same as above, a land/nation, not a city. No cities known here. Neutral/Evil, Menl
    Rhovanion - A land, not a city. It's not even a nation, more like a part of a continent. (i.e. Central America)
    Eriador - Same as above, a land, not a city. It's not even a nation, more like a part of a continent.
    Lindon - A land/nation, not a city. However, there were some cities there. Good, Elves
    Khand - A land/nation, not a city. Some cities there Evil, Men
    Harad - A land/nation, not a city. Some cities there Evil, Men
    The Shire - A land/nation, not a city. Good. Hobbits
    ---
    Minas Tinth - A city belonging to Gondor (Good)
    Minas Morgul - A city belonging to Gondor (Good) in the Second Age (called Minas Ithil while Gondor had it.), and Mordor (Evil) in the Third Age.
    Orodruin - Mt. Doom, a volcano. Belongs to Mordor (Evil)
    Barad-dûr- A city belonging to Mordor (Evil). *Capital of Mordor.
    Morannon - The Black Gate, a tower belonging to Mordor (Evil). Gondor (Good) captured it, but Mordor recaptured it when they took over Minas Morgul.
    Edoras - A city belonging to Rohan (Good). *Capital of Rohan
    Dol Guldur - A city belonging to Sauron (Evil). *Capital of Dol Guldur
    Moria - Called Khazad-dûm, originally the Dwarves (Good) owned it, but it was later called Moria when the Balrog (Evil) took it over.
    Erebor - The Lonely Mountain, and the city inside. Owned by the Dwarves (Good), then Smaug (Evil), and then the Dwarves (Good) again.
    Isengard - A fortress city belonging originally to Gondor (Good), but later taken over by Saruman (Good -> Neutral -> Bad).
    Rivendell - A city belonging to Elrond [Elves] (Good)
    Bree- A city of hobbits and men belonging first to Arnor [Men] (Good), and then no-one but themselves when Arnor collapsed.
    Mithlond - The capital of Lindon (Good)
    Helms Deep - The fortress of Rohan (Good).
    ---
    If you need more city names, let me know, I'm working on a Middle-earth mod.

9. Zlatko

Zlatko CIW

Thank you both !
    topsecret i will use your Gondor Third Age Unit Pack for new civilization in this mod, but i don't know who will be leader, and which name they will have, maybe Gondor, because on the other sides are Morian Orcs, Leader is Sauron. This my mod is more like parallel universe and mixture of games, movies and etc.

10. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

:bday:

11. Zlatko

Zlatko CIW

12. Zlatko

Zlatko CIW

I am current work on my All Civilization World mod which is renamed to "RECONSTRUCTION", after first release of Reconstruction i will release new version of CiW which will have most stuffs from Reconstruction.

13. Zlatko

Zlatko CIW

14. Testhero

Testhero Warlord

Had a thought that you could have an improvement like cottages that require being worked to mature that then hatch drakes.
    or like the percent chance of finding a new resource under a worked mine.

Removing Drakes from the Tech tree and making them available based on either effort or pure luck.

15. Zlatko

Zlatko CIW