CTD when switching windows

Pedro78

Emperor
As soon as I switch from Civ4 (BtS 3.19) to another window (using Alt+tab), the game crashes. Using up-to-date Windows10. Reinstalled several times and tried different settings, but it doesn't fix it. Makes it especially annoying to do write-ups. Using BUG/BULL/BUFFY/whatever doesn't make a difference.
Anyone experienced similar trouble?

I have something similar, I'm running civ4 vanilla with HOF-1.74.004, windowed mode, multi-monitor and on the main screen, windows 10 64b and it doesn't crash after alt+tab for something. But if a leave it running(doing nothing, just there) in the background, like some minutes, when I try to get back to it, it doesn't work anymore, no response.

I think that it is just poor memory management by the CIV programmers. CIV probably does not properly requisition some of the memory trhat it is using. Then, when you switch to another program, the other program properly requisitions some of the memory that CIV was using but had not "reserved". So, when you switch back to CIV, it tries to access something that is not there anymore and either freezes or crashes. I had seen the same behaviour, long ago. So, I save and exit CIV, if I want to do something else for a while, and then restart it.

Top Bottom