Cultural Influence Borders Change ?

wsony12

Chieftain
can the cultural influence borders of the civilizations surrounding my civ shrink, ie, if my culture gets stronger, so i can have a bigger cultural influence ? there's no more uninhabited land in the world i'm playing. thainks other than if i conquer there cities. ? ie, through cultural dominance rather than might.

Yes, it can certainly happen. It's a slow process though and you better make sure you have overwhelming culture to whatever your neighbor is pushing out... the Sistine Chapel wonder helps a lot.

If you mouse over a tile you can see the percent of its nationality, if it goes over 50% the tile is yours. Overwhelm the city itself and it can revolt and flip to your empire.

i was playing a culture wars type game. stole five cities from a weaker neighbor without firing a shot. good way to take over barbarian cities. place a city near theirs and over time they will ask to join your civilization.

Sometimes stealing a city with culture is more fun than capturing it. :D

Welcome to the Forums Knightly. :beer:

good way to take over barbarian cities. place a city near theirs and over time they will ask to join your civilization.

I didn't realize you could flip a Barbarian city, I'll have to keep that in mind. Though they're pretty easy to simply conquer.

I didn't realize you could flip a Barbarian city, I'll have to keep that in mind. Though they're pretty easy to simply conquer.

It's fun but it takes soooo long. If you actually want whatever city it is quickly, it's best to use other means. :mischief:

can the cultural influence borders of the civilizations surrounding my civ shrink, ie, if my culture gets stronger, so i can have a bigger cultural influence ? there's no more uninhabited land in the world i'm playing. thainks other than if i conquer there cities. ? ie, through cultural dominance rather than might.

This was one of the great succession games - conquest without attacking any cities
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=210279

Also see Sullla's write up here
http://www.garath.net/Sullla/pahatty_1.html

Top Bottom