cultural victory

csmith963

Chieftain
Are there any links to a cultural victory guide for gods and kings? Cant seem to find one.

I've been trying to work out a build order. What would really help is a benchmark. At BC XXX you should be at Y culture and at AD XXXX you should be at....etc. I've never tried culture vic until recently and it's frustrating me that every time I get to a certain point someone FREAKING INVADES AND TAKES A CITY AND MESSES IT ALL UP AND..... so yeah.

:sad:

Help

Cultural victories in G&K is basically the same as Vanilla.
(Build lots of wonders & culture buildings, found very few cities if any, fill artist slots first)

The differences are religious based:
The belief adding faith for World Worlds is really helpful.
There are pantheon beliefs that give culture bonuses that if you have enough of those tiles is helpful.

Then after your done spreading your religion, you use make some tiles Holy Sites (in addition to making others landmarks)

Normal cultural tree order in G&K:
Tradition -> Piety -> (Filler) Patronage [free friendship with every city state in the game when added to pledge to protect] -> Freedom -> 5th policy usually Commerce unless you also acquired a puppet empire.

I'm noting Patronage and filler since in G&K, you can't start Freedom until Industrial era.

There's also a cultural bonus for being in a GA in G&K, but you can't use a GE to rush Utopia.

Top Bottom