Culturally Linked Start Locations

One of mine essential mods (together with ethnic units!!!) thx Gedemon! love your work!

all files are needed.

We'll give it another go. We select all files, but then on the map list it shows up by lua filename. I'll double check to make sure I didn't miss something.

Thanks for the response! :)

Yeah, I just checked. We both have unmodded Brave New World with Gods and Kings, plus all DLC. The map list shows the assignstartingplots map, and the vanilla/gods and kings luas as map options. With all of them, we load right into a blank map. Perhaps it's a problem of trying to use the script in networked multiplayer?

Where did you place the files ?

I put the following into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\Maps

ASP_Common.lua
ASP_Create_GodsAndKings.lua
ASP_Create_Vanilla.lua
ASP_GodsAndKings.lua
ASP_Vanilla.lua
AssignStartingPlots.lua
Culturally Linked Start Locations (v 4).modinfo

I figured we didn't need the modinfo, but it didn't hurt to add it.

And it create a blank map ? that means it read AssignStartingPlots.lua from that folder, interesting.

the other files won't be added correctly in the game file system there I think.

Try the merged file I've attached to this post and report please...

Attachments

• AssignStartingPlots.7z
    76.3 KB · Views: 152
The map list shows the assignstartingplots map

ho, okay, I understand now.

assignstartingplots is not a map script, it's a list of function used by all map script, but by itself it won't generate a map.

you have to replace the original file in civ5 installation directory if you want to use it in MP, then select the mapscript you want to use (in assets/DLC/Expansion2 for BNW).

do a backup before replacing the original file.

Sorry for the delay, I've had work eating up my time. My friend and I had the chance to try it a couple times this weekend, and it worked perfectly. Thanks very much for all of your efforts, and sorry for my confusion. :)

Any chance this might some day work with Barathors - More Luxuries? Both use the assignstartingplots.lua

Hi Gedemon, will this work with whowards Various DLL mod components (1.0.3.144) - 34 Civs

As my understanding it does have AssignStartlua thing may not be compatible, can you confirm please?

Top Bottom