Culture: Forbidden Palace can of worms

MOTH

Emperor
I'm a little wary to stick my hand into this one as it has been so icky, but here goes...

As the construction of wonders is the responsibility of the Culture Ministry I am hearby asserting Term 4 Culture's control over this selection process.

There has been several polls and some discussion on the location of the Forbidden Palace. These have primarily occured during term 3 primarily sponsored by the Domestic Ministry with the permission of the Culture Ministry.

There have been no conclusive (majority) polls that have not been upset by changing game circumstances. I have therefore determined via the discussions and polling that Yatta (Veii) should start on building the FP once a courthouse and temple have been rushed. An override/confirmation poll will be held after the upcoming turn chat.

I will be requesting that Governor Snipelfritz order a build queue of Temple, Court, Forbidden Palace for the city of Yatta.

Please feel free to discuss these actions for both this turn chat and the upcoming confirmation/overide poll.

Msav Will Offer All Help In Spite Of Indecision And Bickering, And Disband Any Veteran Swordsmen Surviving The Iroquois War In Order To Quicken The Forbidden Palace In Yatta (temple And Courthouse).

MOTH said:
There have been no conclusive (majority) polls that have not been upset by changing game circumstances. I have therefore determined via the discussions and polling that Yatta (Veii) should start on building the FP once a courthouse and temple have been rushed. An override/confirmation poll will be held after the upcoming turn chat.

I am sure the people will have no problem spending our tax dollars to put the structure in place to build our Forbidden Palace. Sadly, they could have had it for free but would rather use Tojo to muscle under our wary neighbors with a needless Cav Army. We didn't need that, nor do we need the buildings that this Army would bring.

You have chosen your fate, Japanatica. Now go conquer the world! It's only fitting that the former Iroquois region remain corrupt for at least a few lifetimes. But wasting money on rushing things to meet this far inferior end is akin to sending in Haliburton. The people shouldn't stand for it, but probably will.

I tried to tell them, DZ... :shakehead

I have put your requested lineup in my TC instructions MOTH. I will be talking to Minister Zarn soon to investigate the possibilities of rushing the temple and courthouse in Yatta.

EDIT: I have changed the instructions to Courthouse-FP, as;

1. The Domestic Ministry has not approved a rush of a temple in Yatta.

2. I feel that we need the FP as soon as possible, and a courthouse, which will be rushed, will speed up the building process.

I don't see what's wrong with having cav army. Small wonders can always be built, armies can not.

We don't need armies, Blackheart. We can take out any nation on our continent by merely looking in their general direction.

And a cav army that forces the expense of a rushed Courthouse and Temple is ludicrous. The Courthouse loses its worth the minute the FP is built, and will not be the production boon we are hoping for.

Face it. We had the chance to galvanize a region and we blew it. All for military endeavors that are unneccessary. The voters elected to put the FP on the back-burner, and now they want to spend our hard-earned gold to rectify their mistake? Sorry, but our gold should be saved for better things.

Donovan Zoi said:
We don't need armies, Blackheart. We can take out any nation on our continent by merely looking in their general direction.

And a cav army that forces the expense of a rushed Courthouse and Temple is ludicrous. The Courthouse loses its worth the minute the FP is built, and will not be the production boon we are hoping for.

Face it. We had the chance to galvanize a region and we blew it. All for military endeavors that are unneccessary. The voters elected to put the FP on the back-burner, and now they want to spend our hard-earned gold to rectify their mistake? Sorry, but our gold should be saved for better things.

::sigh::... I couldn't agree more, Donovan. This whole process has been an embarrassment to Japanatica. I can only hope we handle our problems a little more sanely in the future.

Ashburnham said:
::sigh::... I couldn't agree more, Donovan. This whole process has been an embarrassment to Japanatica. I can only hope we handle our problems a little more sanely in the future.

:confused: The misguided WOTP of the people spoke. Next time campaign more vigorously.

Indeed misguided LOL :) But it has been fun :) What about repolling the FP a very very last time for moi only :)

I voted yes, and I liked that NO override, a more approriate override option from Culture, as my Abstain with a Rider from the Apocalypse attached to it :) (with regards to Ashburnhams legal understanding of my potential razing as a Legal Rider, I though more of my potential razing as an Apocalyptic Rider :) LOL )

Top Bottom