Current State of the Game: A quick snapshot

REDfeller

Chieftain
Emperor, Standard, Continents.
Me (Russia) in Tundra to North with 3 cities, Vicky in middle of continent with London and tries to plant city right by my struggling tundra capital!
I later settle the quality land in the middle of the continent, 1 city has access to 2 iron and 3 lux! Right beside London.

I take her out with absolutely no challenge.

In south is Germany who LOVE me.
5 turns after I take London? You guessed it, DOW out of the blue. Backed up by 2 green warriors and 2 horsemen against my 2 catapults, encampment outside London, 2 L4 Xbows, 2 Knights, and a privateer.
I just defend. After 20 turns of nonsense "war" my people are sick of beating up another civ who use sticks and crude horsemen against my steel. (Quick question: why doesn't having a religion give amenities/happiness?)

I offer peace. No dice.

So I am left with one choice, take him out until he begs me for peace. But I cant take the WW, already had a revolt in London (2 knights, 2 xbow, so better units than England or Germany have ever had!)

I just quit because there is no challenge.

Go up a (2) level you say!! Yeah, and I will build a couple more archers, walls earlier and beat back the first horde and then normal business will resume.

The biggest thing that effects your game is the map, barbs and city placement. Not the AI, more of a challenge beating back better tech barbs from the northern ice cap from 2 camps the whole game.

Conclusion: I worry about the state of the game at the moment. It seems so unbalanced and poorly coded, with little or no play testing (oh, I see, the usual, WE are play testing), Observations from this game alone:

• I had 2 writers, 2 Artists and 1 Musician sitting around for 300 years cuz I had nowhere for them to hang out.
  • I had tiles undeveloped cuz I am just sick of building builders with only 8 cities. By the middle ages it takes me 75 years to make a builder in underdeveloped cities.
  • I had one city just making traders, nothing else for over 200 years.
  • I was trying to build factories in the year 1240 in my core cities, so completely missed almost 2 techs of units, did not make any, just upgraded what I had.
  • The "entertainment complex" doesn't give much entertainment. (See religion question)
All of the time I am at "war" with England & Germany I am beating back an absolute horde of Chinese Missionaries with my Apostles. Cuz I am the mighty Russia, with tundra faith bonus, I am producing 156 faith p/turn.
Hey China, stop trying to ram your stupid religion down my peoples throats, they already have one and they (don't) love it.
"We are disappointed that you don't want to replace your religion with ours, but OK we will stop".
Next turn, "Taoism has spread to Berlin". AAAAArrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhh.

Top Bottom