• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Custom Civilization Mod Help

Dogrules23

Chieftain
I'm working on a mod that adds all the houses from my fantasy novel and I've created the text and stuff for the first one. I have the Config, GameDefines, and GameText files complete so that my Civ has custom font and all that. I don't know how to do the colors or anything else I might need.

How do I set the colors and the leader art? I guess that's my current question. If it helps at all, I'm using SQL in ModBuddy to make the mod because a tutorial suggested that SQL is easier.

Follow the example below
Code:
--==========================================================================================================================
-- LEADERS: COLOURS
--==========================================================================================================================
-- PlayerColors
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INSERT INTO PlayerColors
        (Type,                    Usage,        PrimaryColor,                             SecondaryColor,                            TextColor)
VALUES    ('LEADER_GA_DUARTE',    'Unique',    'COLOR_PLAYER_GA_DOMINICAN_PRIMARY',    'COLOR_PLAYER_GA_DOMINICAN_SECONDARY',     'COLOR_PLAYER_WHITE_TEXT');

INSERT INTO Colors
        (Type,                                         Red,     Green,     Blue,     Alpha)
VALUES    ('COLOR_PLAYER_GA_DOMINICAN_PRIMARY',         0.000,    0.455,    0.851,    1),
        ('COLOR_PLAYER_GA_DOMINICAN_SECONDARY',        1.000,    1.000,    1.000,    1);

Here is link to a HEX to RGB converter, once your have the RGB divide by 255 and you get the color codes for this. 1=255
http://www.rapidtables.com/convert/color/hex-to-rgb.htm

Follow the example below
Code:
-- LEADERS: COLOURS
-- PlayerColors
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INSERT INTO PlayerColors
        (Type,                    Usage,        PrimaryColor,                             SecondaryColor,                            TextColor)
VALUES    ('LEADER_GA_DUARTE',    'Unique',    'COLOR_PLAYER_GA_DOMINICAN_PRIMARY',    'COLOR_PLAYER_GA_DOMINICAN_SECONDARY',     'COLOR_PLAYER_WHITE_TEXT');

INSERT INTO Colors
        (Type,                                         Red,     Green,     Blue,     Alpha)
VALUES    ('COLOR_PLAYER_GA_DOMINICAN_PRIMARY',         0.000,    0.455,    0.851,    1),
        ('COLOR_PLAYER_GA_DOMINICAN_SECONDARY',        1.000,    1.000,    1.000,    1);

Here is link to a HEX to RGB converter, once your have the RGB divide by 255 and you get the color codes for this. 1=255
http://www.rapidtables.com/convert/color/hex-to-rgb.htm
How do I get the HEX codes for colors?
Where do these colors appear in-game?

For the hex codes, well, you need to decide on colors. Once you have colors selected, get exact values. Something like RGB, HSV, any numerical representation of the color. Then, you can convert it into Hex, which is really just dividing the RGB values by 255. So, solid red would be 1,0,0. White would be 1,1,1. A dark yellow would be 0.6, 0.6, 0. The alpha's always 1 (I know of no reason why it should ever not be 1).

As for where the colors appear in-game, the main elements are the unit and city banners/icons. On the disk, every icon is colored pure white, and in game it tints those white icons with one of your civ's colors and gives it a background with the other color. Just jump into a game as a couple different civs and you should notice it prettttty easy. Also, it helps differentiate foreign civs and city states. And your borders are outlined in the civ's colors. The icons in the victory and diplomatic screens are colored appropriately, etc. Pretty much everywhere. You may not notice your own colors that much, but foreign colors are very important UI elements.

I had a lot of trouble making the art, but following this tutorial helped. I used the template art files, opened them in Paint.net, deleted what was there, and then pasted in my desired art. After that, saving them and following the rest of the tutorial for art worked. I think there might have been an edit or two required in Mod.Art.xml, but it did end up working for me.

Top Bottom