Custom Continents or...? map help please!!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by pappyball, Dec 9, 2009.

1. pappyball

pappyball Chieftain

Hey everyone, I wanted to know if you guys can shed some light on something quick... when my friends and I play, we have always played continents or custom continents. But those maps don't work for what we want. So I'm hoping, maybe you can help? We play with 4 of us on 1 team vs 6 AI on a large map.

Here is what we are looking for:
    1) 2 landmasses
    2) we want a map where the 4 of us are split up between the 2 different land masses. ideally it would be 2 of us on one landmass and 2 of us the another.
    3) we want the other 6 AI to be split up between the 2 landmasses as well

Is there a map that would accomplish all these things? I have tried some maps, but I can't figure it out.. but like I said, we almost always play the same maps, so I don't know that much about it either.

Thank you in advance for your help!!

2. Ignorant Teacher

Ignorant Teacher Emperor

Hemispheres can work for you, but it doesn't make sure you'll have an even split of players.

3. pappyball

pappyball Chieftain

ok i tried that out.. and its better in the sense that one of the AI's seems to start on our landmass with us--but i can't figure out a way to split our team of 4 up between the landmasses and also have some AI be on the landmasses with us. can anyone else help? maybe there is a medium and small or a fractal map??

4. Bigv32

Bigv32 Prince

do custom continents with two landmasses and split you and your friends into two teams. That way you can try to get one team on one landmass and the other on the other. The AI should be split between you then. Just an idea

5. Izmir Stinger

Izmir Stinger Deity