Custom Houses

SunTzu

Hooah
Retired Moderator
How do they work?

You click on them and then check the boxes of the stuff you want to sell, when the amount of that stuff exceeds 100 then its automatically sold off, I set up trade routes in the late game to pick up stuff at everal locations and dump it in a custom house town. After declaring independance the customs house sells to the europeans.

ok, now how does the Trade Routes work? is it an automatic thing or must you use Trade wagons?

You gotta use the wagons, I usually wait till the wagon is in the town I want to start the trade route in. I load it up with the stuff I want it to carry. I go to create trade route, and I punch in the towns and the stuff to load and unload at each spot, then I close and save the trade route, then when that wagon is flashing I hit the commands button on the top and select start trade route. After that its automatic

See, I dont just live for CIV II.
I play Colonies too.
If you like this Colonization thing why didnt you join me in a Colonies Scenario I was advertising. Have you ever played that? John Ellis did a great job on that scenario.
Colonization is pretty good, I hope Sid does Colonization II or the project takes off one of these days.

Monkey around with the trade routes, its pretty easy. And once you learn how work the customs house you'll never go back.

ah, well if another Colonies PBEM comes up and if i think i can handle another PBEM, lets see, as of now i am playing in, 5 or 6 PBEM's i know 5, but i think 6 lol just can't think of the other one :p
I wish we could play a Colonization PBEM! that would be too cool.
Well its 1680 in my game, and i just got done fighting a huge war with the Spanish, they only have 2 cities left in South America but their military power is 140 and mine is now at 120, but all of my cities are either fortress or fort.
Well what i was saying this for, is that the Custom house is really helping, it allows trading boycotted items with Europe doesn't it?
The prices in europe in my game are pretty wierd.
Silver,Horses and Fur is at 1,2,1.
But Coats are at 19, they did get up to 26! i was getting like $1500+ gold for 100tons of coats from the Spanish :D

Is Sid planning on making Colonization 2? I've heard people talk about it, but i never really looked into seeing if he is actually making it.
It would be a great game!
Think of Civ3 but Colonization......which reminds me, i need to go buy, or "acquire" Civ3.
neways, its 1am and i have college tomorrow! luckily only from 8am-10am, but my Mid-terms are tomorrow so i'm going to bed.
Lets talk more colonization! :D

I believe we can play Colonization PBEM if we change user flag after every time we turn the game on. Succession games can be played also. And could do PBEM, where one player plays couple turns and then passes the game, so next in line can start fixing troubles made by AI. However Conquistador should suit best, because IMHO AI cannot deal severe conditions on higher levels.
But the main problem after all is after DoI. Because changing user flag will also bring WoI to next player. => AI never fights a war of independence. Which is really ashame, because otherwise
there could be scenarios with 8 sides + Indians, but now only 5+Indians.

Gaius

Your smarter then me about this stuff. I think Ill wait till Sid or the Colonization project comes out with a sequel.

Sun Tzu

If you got mid terms today what the heck you doing up so late?
On the customs house I believe you can trade with the Europeans, but Im not exactly sure when. What I mean is I know it allows it, but what I dont know is if you need that "Founding Father" (cant remember which one) That allows European trade first. By the time I had a customs house I usually had this founding father anyway. You need to make sure you can trade with Europe before the revolution or else no more cash for you after you declare independance.
Theres some good FAQ's and tips in this forum on Colonies. You read them yet.? They helped me a lot. I got Colonies about three months ago played it hard for a month and then got a little bored. So right now Im rusty.

There was an announcement on the main page of this web page a while back (month or two) about Sid getting rights to Colonization and couple of his other first games. It sounded like he was thinking about a sequel. They discussed in this forum as well I think under Colonization II project.

I gotta get back to work.

Uhm...It is easy, read some old thread about save file hacking.
And last but not least, there always will be choice to open save
with old ColDos and change the human player under cheat menu.

Trouble with Declaration of Independence still stays. So games shouldnt be played to the end => home rule 1. NO DoI.

So scenarios should be ok (made into save file).
But again, if one would like to make 5-civ scen. with protagonist (5th would be Tory party), it can be used only as succession game.

P.S. Does anyone have that mapeditor thing...web-site which was referred in another thread is currently down i guess...

Top Bottom