1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Scenario Design

Discussion in 'Alpha Centauri' started by Praetyre, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Praetyre

Praetyre King

Hello. I'm a long time player of SMAC/X who has, for a long time, possessed the desire for a special scenario (using Huge Map of Planet) with preset starting positions for all factions, (for instance, the Hive will always begin in the centre of Garland's Crater, the Morgans atop Sunny Mesa, the Peacekeepers near the Unity Wreckage,etc...) but where the opening animation of the falling escape pod still plays out. Is it possible to create this using the Scenario Editor or some third party program?

2. Praetyre

Praetyre King

To be more specific, while I'd be happy foregoing the planetfall "animation" (just swapping out the intro text should otherwise make it identical), I'd still like the "Interludes" to pop up at appropriate times. I've set up a scenario with the right starting positions, but for some reason (possibly because I made it in SMAC and resaved in in SMAX, because I wanted the original factions but also wanted the Peacekeepers to start in the Unity Wreckage, or maybe because I'm using an unofficial patch...), it always crashes after 20 or so turns, and the native units pop up with no names and Unity Mining Laser graphics.

3. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

Hi Praetyre!

I don't know that much about creating and troubleshooting scenarios. However, perhaps the instructions on CGN's wiki about The Scenario Editor will point you in the right direction.

HTH

Petek