Dalek (16-5-05) Exterminate!

This Dalek Update Zip includes the following:

units_32.pcx file and smaller alternative.

7 Sounds:
Run, Fortify, Fidget, AttackA, AttackB, Death and Victory.
(Changed, Adjusted and Mixed Sounds from "The Doctor Who
WAV Archive" with new sounds to create the final sound versions).

Adjusted the .INI for sounds

Run flc - generated the Default flc with a faster flc speed.
Fortify - uses Default flc
Victory - uses the Fidget flc

Thanks to Smoking mirror for creating this Fun Unit ...Great "bezerker" Unit. :cool:

Game Tested ...enjoy. Note: You will need The Original Dalek Files as this Zip is only the additional files.
here is the Zip:

Attachments

• Dalek_Update.zip
    407.5 KB · Views: 155
Cheers right back at you Smoking mirror...I really like your Dalek Unit... :dance: It is a Wonderful addition to my game. Very Happy you thought of it and Gifted us CivFanatics with it. It was my pleasure to help out. I think the sounds and the cycle for the Attacks work well but feedback is always welcome. You can do what ever you like with the files and If you like them, sure...add them to your 1st Post. :D

It was a damn' liberty them killing off the last Dalek in that episode two weeks ago. I hope that wasn't the last we'll see of them, because they're far too utterly brilliant. As is the unit! However, its perhaps a little too thin and tall - maybe more like a Compost Bin and less like a Salt Cellar.

They used to say "You will be exterminated! exterminated!"
with exterminated strung out monotonally and shrilly:

exterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrminaaaaaaaaateedd!

varwnos said:
EXTERMINATE
ABONIMATE
DESTROY

i think they said.

Dr. Who were part of the reason i dropped my piano lessons at late elementary school. I could have been a great pianist if it wasnt for that show...

DALEK ARE A SUPERIOR RACE, HUMANS ARE INFERIOR

oh well...

For a generic tech tree:

Genetics, Cybernetics, Robotics, and Fascism should be pre-reqs.

Or alternately, mad genius Davros.

I heard these guys were actually modelled after the Nazis - going on about Extermination for one, and the fact that they were superior to any other race. Also, less subtly, at one point in the first episodes they appeared in, one of the Daleks refers to the big, golden leader-Dalek as "Commandant"! But the writers wanted to remind people of them in a moral sort of way, amd of a war which at the time hadn't been so long ago (the war had been over for only 18 years).

30 seconds ago I checked what Dalek means in Wikipedia.

Then I visited Civfanatics, wondering what new units are for CivIII... and I saw this!!!

Isn't that amazing?

Brilliant! I especially love the death. Did you create this for a Dr Who type scenario or just as a flavour unit?

Top Bottom