Darkleaf's Slavery Mod + Bonus Addons

Darkleaf's Slavery Mod + Bonus Addons v2

Northboy85

Chieftain
Darkleaf's Slavery Mod + Bonus Addons - Adds Slaves, Slavery related Buildings, Units, and MORE! (Compatible with YNAEM/MOAR Units)
morebuildings.png

DARKLEAF's SLAVERY MOD!

Yes, it's true! The awaited project has finally been released HERE!

The aim of this MOD is to accurately depict Slavery as a cultural, religious, and historical importance for mankind. Conscript or capture Slaves to use for a variety of purposes.

I've also added Palace, Barracks, and Stable Dependent units. Along with the Guard Tower for Defensive Units that are slow, weak, cheap, and good for defending your cities. Rome is a little buffed in this initial release due to them being the focus on this mod. As more and more releases come out, other nations will be buffed considerably. Especially the Aztec, Egypt, Sumeria, and China. For more details, look at the project outline that was posted: HERE

UNITS:

Slave - All Civs -
Slow, Cheap, yet Effective! 2 Build Charges and 1 Movement. Extremely cheap but requires the Slave Den to build (Unlocked with Pottery) Even on Epic Speed, you can build one in a few turns. Whenever a Slave uses a charge, there is a 10% chance it will spawn a Slave Rebel (A weak barbarian unit) This percentage can be lower, removed, or increased depending on your buildings and units nearby. ADDED NEXT PATCH!
Slave Master - All Civs -
A weak but fleet footed unit that deals +5 damage to units that are wounded. When this unit defeats an enemy unit, it creates a Slave. Requires the Slave Den to build.
Slave Hunter - Not available to Aztec -
A Mounted Slave Master that has a slight increase in base damage, +5 damage to units that are wounded, and 5 movement. Pillaging Improvements also gives a slight chance to create a Slave. Requires the Slave Den to build.
Slave Catcher - Available to America, Brazil, and Aztec -
A Renaissance/Industrial Age Slave Hunter unit that deal extra damage to Rebels/Barbarians with the same bonuses as the Slave hunter. Requires the Slave Den to build.
Warlord - Only Available to Rome FOR NOW - Still testing unit -
This may be a global unit that is pretty much a build-able and slightly weaker version of a Great General/Admiral. Will also be adding the *Captain* which will give defensive bonuses to nearby units and slightly heal them.
Noble - Not available to Aztec -
A Palace Unit that is expensive but powerful. Get's +5 Defensive Damage when adjacent to Ranged Units (Trait not added until next patch). Aztec will get a civ specific version of Noble.
Mounted Noble - Not available to Aztec -
A Palace Unit that is expensive but powerful. Mounted version of Noble that get's +5 Defensive Damage when adjacent to Ranged Units (Trait not added until next patch) and does more base damage.
Shaman - Available to Aztec, China, Egypt, Germany, Japan, Kongo, Sumeria DUE TO CHANGE -
A cheaper and construct-able Healer/Missionary unit that can defend itself from Combat attacks. Has 2 Spread Charges but only 50 Religious Strength. (This unit may become Global)
Druid - Available to England and France -
A construct-able Healer/Apostle unit that can defend itself from Combat attacks and starts with 2 levels. Has 2 Spread Charges with 110 Religious Strength.
Gladiator - Available only to Rome -
Melee Unit that deals increased damage against Melee Units when attacking and +5 Damage against wounded units. Requires Amphitheater Flavium (Roman Unique Building) TO BE ADDED: Slave Charges used on Cities with Flavium will create a Gladiator Unit.
Chosen - Available to Germany, Norway, and Scythia -
Melee Unit that deals +5 Damage against wounded Units. Requires Barracks.
Oath-sworn - Available to England, France, and Spain -
Melee Unit that deals +5 Damage against Melee Units. Requires Barracks.
Jaguar Warrior - Available only to Aztec -
Melee Unit that deals +5 Damage against Ranged/Siege Units. Requires Barracks.
Heavy Phalanx - Available to Rome, Greece, Egypt, Spain, and Sumeria -
Melee Unit that gets +10 Combat Damage when defending. Requires Barracks.
Lancer - Not Available to Aztec -
Your standard issue Mounted Pikeman with +2 more damage AKA Increased damage against Calvary Units. Requires Stable.
Skirmisher - Available to all Civs -
Powerful early game shock infantry.
African Hunter - Available only to Kongo and Egypt -
Ranged Shock Infantry unit that doesn't require Barracks or Iron.
Throwing Axeman - Available to France, Germany, and Norway -
Ranged Shock Infantry Unit that requires Barracks and Iron.
Trebuchet - Not Available to China, Japan, Aztec, and Kongo -
Long Ranged Siege unit (Range 3) that deals slightly more damage than Catapult.

Guard Tower Units/Levy Units: +5 In Territory
Tribesman or Town Guard - Slow, Weak, Cheap but good at defending cities.
Militia - Gunpowder Age version of the Town Guard/Tribesman.
National Guard - Modern/Information Age Unit. Better than Imperial Guard.

Palace Units: +5 In Territory
Palace Guard - Ancient/Classical Unit. Slightly better Combat than the Guard Tower units. Slow, Weak, but Cheap and perfect for defending the capital.
Royal Guard - Medieval/Renaissance Unit. Better than Palace Guard.
Imperial Guard - Gunpowder/Industrial Unit. Better than Royal Guard.

Eagle Cohort - Roman Unique Unit. Replaces Palace Guard. Better Combat Damage.
Praetorian Guard - Roman Unique Unit. Replaces Royal Guard. Better Combat Damage.

City Center Buildings:
City Center - Available to all Civs -
+1 Science, +1 Culture
Sacrificial Shrine - Available to Rome, Aztec, England, Egypt, France, Greece, Kongo, Spain, and Sumeria -
+1 Culture, +2 Faith
King's Tomb - Available to Egypt, Sumeria, and Scythia -
+2 Culture, +1 Faith
Burial Grounds - Available to America, Arabia, Brazil, China, Germany, India, Japan, Norway, Russia, Scythia, Spain, and Sumeria -
+1 Culture, +1 Faith

Slave Den - Available to all Civs -
+2 Production, +1 Gold, +1 Housing but -1 Food and -1 Amenity
(Required for Slave, Master, Hunter, Catcher)
Slave Trader - Available to all Civs -
+1 Production, +2 Gold, +1 Housing, +1 Citizen Slot
Slave Market - Available to all Civs -
+1 Production, +3 Gold, +1 Housing, +1 Citizen Slot
Will be adding a Luxury Resource 'Exotic Slaves'.

Guard Tower - Available to all Civs -
+25% Combat Unit Experience. +10 Out Defense HP, +1 City Combat. 2 Gold Maintenance. Required to build Town Guard/Tribesman/Militia/National Guard.
Palace Fortifications - Available to all Civs -
+25% Combat Unit Experience. +10 Out Defense HP, +1 City Combat. 2 Gold Maintenance.
Will be adding that when the city falls below 10 HP, it will spawn 2 Palace Guard.

Urban Slums - Available to all Civs -
+2 Production, +2 Housing, -1 Food, -1 Amenity. 2 Gold Maintenance.
Ghetto - Available to all Civs -
+2 Production, +2 Culture, +2 Housing, -2 Food, -1 Amenity. 2 Gold Maintenance.

Brothel - Available to all Civs, except Aztec -
+1 Gold, +1 Housing, +1 Amenity, +1 Citizen Slot.
Will be getting a gold bonus with Exotic Slaves.
Tavern - Available to all Civs, except Aztec -
+1 Gold, +1 Culture, +1 Housing, +1 Amenity, +1 Citizen Slot.
Will be getting a Wine/Wheat/Rice bonus.
Parlour House - Available to all Civs, except Japan -
+2 Gold, +2 Culture, +1 Amenity, +1 Citizen Slot.
Will be getting a gold bonus with Exotic Slaves.
Geiko - Available only to Japan -
+3 Gold, +3 Culture, +1 Amenity, +1 Citizen Slot.
Will be getting a gold bonus with Exotic Slaves and will be required to build Ninja Spy.

Fishery - Available to all Civs -
+3 Food, +1 Citizen Slot. 1 Gold Maintenance. Must be build along a river.
Will be adding the ability to build along the coast/river with fishing boat bonuses and upgraded version called Seafood Plant.
Slaughterhouse - Available to all Civs -
+3 Food, +1 Citizen Slot. 1 Gold Maintenance.
Will be adding Camp bonuses and an upgraded version called Meat Packing Plant.
Outskirts - Available to all Civs -
+1 Gold, +2 Food.
Will be adding Plantation bonuses
Estates - Available to all Civs -
+1 Production, +1 Food, +1 Gold, +2 Housing.

Train Station - Available to all Civs -
+4 Production. 3 Gold Maintenance. All units adjacent to a city where Train Station is built receives +1 Movement.
Will be adding Strategic Resource bonuses.

Amphitheatrum Flavium - Available only to Rome -
+2 Gold, +2 Culture, +2 Amenity, -1 Food. Required to train Gladiator Unit.
Will be adding the ability for a Slave to use a charge at a City with this building in order to create a Gladiator.
Graecostadium - Available to Greece and Rome -
+1 Gold, +2 Culture, +2 Science, +1 Housing, -1 Food.
Will be required to gain the 'Freeman' Civilization trait in the upcoming patch and I may add this to building to Egypt as well.

EXTRAS:
Look for the upcoming patch this weekend!
Will be adding a special building tree that can only be built where your palace is that will effect your slaves. War Captives, Freemen, etc!

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND MY MOD-PACK WITH THIS MOD!

*Darkleaf's Modpack* <---- Resource Download Here

Improved Resources & Improved Build Times Mod
:
  • Deserts: Oasis and their adjacent tiles yield 1 Food and 2 Production.
  • Fishing Boats: Now yield +1 Food/Gold.
  • Hills: Snow Hill and Desert Hills give 1 Production.
  • Sea Resources: Fish give +3 Food, Crab give +2 Food and +1 Culture, Pearls give +2 Gold, Whales gives +1 Faith and +1 Culture.
  • Land Resources: Cattle give +1 Food, Production, and Faith. Deer gives +1 Food and +1 Faith. Truffles and Sheep both give +1 Food. Silver gives +1 Culture.
  • Unit Cost: 20% Reduction (4 turns instead of 5 turns)
  • Building Cost: 40% Reduction (6 turns instead of 10 turns)

Improved Movement Mod:
  • +1 Unit Movement for all Units.

Improved Builders Mod:
  • Builders can now build Roads in all ages.
  • Builders gain +8 Charges. (Which makes them worth building mid/late game over producing Slaves, which are great early game)

Improved Mountains Mod:
  • Mountains are now passable but require a turn to climb on, and a turn to climb off.
  • Mountains also have +4 Defense Modifier while on them. Great place for setting up Ranged Units!
Will be adding a Penalty whenever a unit Climbs onto a Mountain by taking 15 Damage.

This mod pack is not dependent on any assets and can be used with any combination of other mods!

TRAITS:

Civilization Traits are still being tested heavily. All of them are turned off for now since they are pretty unbalanced and/or unfinished for many civs. See the Slave Project forum for a better idea of what they will look here.

This mod is 100% Compatible with :
This mod does however rely on some of the technologies in the tech tree, so some mods that remove some of the key technologies may make this mod non-working (Pottery, Bronze working, Iron working, Commerce, etc)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IF YOU NEED HELP INSTALLING THIS MOD!

Copy the contents of the Mod to the Mods Folder located...
-- My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Mods

Copy the contents of the Darkleaf's Slavery Mod Assets (Which have the MOAR Units most recent update v0.41) which is located..

-- Local Disk C:/Program Files (x86)/Sid Meiers Civilization/Base/Assets/UI/Icons

Icons_Buildings
Icons_UnitFlags
Icons_UnitPortraits
Icons_Units

MUST BE MOVED TO THE ABOVE FOLDER AND REPLACED FOR THE UI TO HAVE THE PROPER ICONS!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IF YOU WANT TO USE THIS MOD IN YOUR MOD! Please just credit, or ask :) I'm happy to contribute and help!

View attachment 460751
DARKLEAF's SLAVERY MOD!

Yes, it's true! The project from HERE Has finally arrived!

The aim of this MOD is to accurately depict Slavery as a cultural, religious, and historical importance for mankind. Conscript or capture Slaves to use for a variety of purposes.

I've also added...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Is there anyway to make Horems additional buildings mod work with yours?

This mod should be 100% compatible with ANY mod that does not remove a few base technologies and civics from the game. I've re-written this mod last week in order to make it non-dependent but completely compatible (Especially with MOAR Units, YnAEMP, and my Mod Pack)

Northboy85 updated Darkleaf's Slavery Mod + Bonus Addons with a new update entry:

Darkleaf's Slavery Mod++

Edited a few things to make this mod compatible with

Additional Buildingsv1.3

Reworked the following Buildings to make them compatible-
  • Tavern --------> Bath House - All Civs - +1 Gold, +1 Culture, +1 Housing, +1 Amenity
  • Dungeon------> Palace Fortifications - All Civs - +10 City Defense +1 Combat, 1 Gold Maintenance
  • Prison----------> Estates - All Civs - +1 Food,...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is there anyway to make Horems additional buildings mod work with yours?

This mod does however rely on some of the technologies in the tech tree, so some mods that remove some of the key technologies may make this mod non-working (Pottery, Bronze working, Iron working, Commerce, etc)

Download the updated version and make sure to delete the old mod, and replace the Assets in the Icons Folder! ENJOY!

I must say I really like your idea.
However, after the V2 update, the mod stop working with my other mods (I didn't use additional building, but similar one).
I try to manually fix it, and fail, I don't think it's the building name (not modder myself, just trying to dutch tape thing).
Can you please upload the firstly v0.1 version somewhere? So I find what actually make the mod working together at the first place and what conflict.

Update: No, actually there seem to be something about your mod entirely.
I disable all other mod, and still your slavery does not work.

I create a folder name DSM in CIV6 mod folder; then put all of your v2 file inside that folder.
Then I replace all icon folder in the base game folder.
start game and disable all other mod, start random game, nothing happen, no additional building or etc.

Hello,

I registered especially to post here. I would love to use your mod but I got a weird issue. Whenever I activate your slavery mod and set up my game and press start the game "loads" for not even a second and than returns to the main menu. After returning the music plays twice. So I hear 2 times the main menu music through each other. If I load up a new game again it works successfully and the 2x music thing stops. I don't get the proper text for all the new buildings though. When I disable your mod in the "Additional Content" tab the game starts fine.

Would love to use your mod normally and I'm not here to *****. It's an alpha after all :p. Posted to see if this can get resolved and if I can help getting it resolved. Problem is I don't know why it doesn't work. Regardless, I'm going to disable Steam cloud, uninstall the game, delete the leftover files in "steamapps", delete all configuration files, uninstall all the mods, run the game once and than only install this mod without the addons. See if it works than :).

I report back once I did that.

EDIT: It doesn't have steam cloud. Goes through the 2K thing of course. Don't think it backups configuration files though.

EDIT2: Forgot to mention, text never loads properly even when loading a save game.

EDIT3: After doing all that it still does the same thing. Weird stuff...

Last edited:
Update: No, actually there seem to be something about your mod entirely.
I disable all other mod, and still your slavery does not work.

I create a folder name DSM in CIV6 mod folder; then put all of your v2 file inside that folder.
Then I replace all icon folder in the base game folder.
start game and disable all other mod, start random game, nothing happen, no additional building or etc.
Hello,

I registered especially to post here. I would love to use your mod but I got a weird issue. Whenever I activate your slavery mod and set up my game and press start the game "loads" for not even a second and than returns to the main menu. After returning the music plays twice. So I hear 2 times the main menu music through each other. If I load up a new game again it works successfully and the 2x music thing stops. I don't get the proper text for all the new buildings though. When I disable your mod in the "Additional Content" tab the game starts fine.

Would love to use your mod normally and I'm not here to *****. It's an alpha after all :p. Posted to see if this can get resolved and if I can help getting it resolved. Problem is I don't know why it doesn't work. Regardless, I'm going to disable Steam cloud, uninstall the game, delete the leftover files in "steamapps", delete all configuration files, uninstall all the mods, run the game once and than only install this mod without the addons. See if it works than :).

I report back once I did that.

EDIT: It doesn't have steam cloud. Goes through the 2K thing of course. Don't think it backups configuration files though.

EDIT2: Forgot to mention, text never loads properly even when loading a save game.

EDIT3: After doing all that it still does the same thing. Weird stuff...

THANK YOU FOR TESTING THIS BOTH OF YOU! I'll be making a fix shortly as I think I found the issue. I also STRONGLY recommend these mods, they are not required, but enhance each-other:

I have been away working for the past few days and have been waiting to return home so I could make an update for this weekend. I've been testing the mod and with a few changes I made, so I'll just pack it up and post it here. Keep a lookout for the next few hours. Posting a few pic to prove:

Loading.png

12_14_16_v3.png

That UI info seem very nice.
Keep it up, your mod bring new and very interesting mechanic to the game. (although I didn't success in trying them yet I can't say more than that ;) )

Also update about my problem::

I start to think the problem is about corrupted download, so I download your mod again and delete all previous DSM.
After enable the mod, now "some" building start to appear. However, no additional unit appear (in both tech and production menu).

EDIT: No, it's not your mod building upon closer inspection, it''s "additional Building mod"

*Note that I run this mod with "Wondrous Wonder" and "Civ 6 Improvement" and other minor mod which seem to work with each other.
I will try running it alone later when I get back to my gaming PC.

Last edited:
*friendly snip :D*

No problem! I'm going to try out this new version. I assume it's updated but has the same .zip name as the previous version? As for your suggestions. I already used quite a few mods with your mod. The "your mod only test" was just a test :p. I'm going to test your mod with the following:

AI+
Better Trade Screen
(First trying off) Civ 6 Improvements Patch
Darkleaf Modpack
Darkleaf's Slave Mod_ALPHA_v2(not the same version I assume)
Divine Yuri's CityPanel
GDG Lower War Weariness, Raze Penalty, Warmongering Penalty
Improved Tech Tree
MoarUnits
Mynex_LargerMaps
ProductionQueue(not compatible with Divine Yuri's CityPanel)

I go do that now. Also going to check for any things that aren't compatible. "Civ 6 Improvements Patch" might be incompatible with Darkleaf Modpack.

EDIT: Removed ProductionQueue from modlist.

EDIT2: First test failed. Disabled "Improved Tech Tree", "GDG Lower War Weariness, Raze Penalty, Warmongering Penalty", "Divine Yuri's CityPanel" and "Better Trade Screen". After that it still failed. I disabled "Darkleaf's Slave Mod_ALPHA_v2" and it runs fine with all the above mods turned on. I try to run "Darkleaf's Slave Mod_ALPHA_v2" alone now.

EDIT3: Reinstalled vanilla Civilization VI. No assets installed. Installed only "Darkleaf's Slave Mod_ALPHA_v2" and it's still doing the same. I'm going to try something completely different.

EDIT4: Tried to lower the amount of characters in the location of all the files. Read somewhere on this site that can cause issues. Going to try to use the DLC folder. You never know...

EDIT5: Everything failed. Using DLC folder doesn't work either. Question: Could this DLC be incompatible with your mod: http://steamcommunity.com/games/289070/announcements/detail/879709926454044740 ? I try turning it off later. At the moment I'm hungry.

Last edited:
I updated Additional Buildings to 1.4 and it doesn't seem to work with your mod now. Any ideas on how to correct that.

Top Bottom