Data and ArtDefine files for Standard Units

whoward69

DLL Minion
units\data\xml - one file per unit containing the Units, Unit_Xyz, UnitUpgrades, UnitUpgradePerkChoices and Language_en_US entries for that unit in XML format. Also includes OrbitalUnits and OrbitalUnits_Xyz entries if appropriate.

units\art\sql - one file per unit containing all the ArtDefine_Xyz entries for that unit (including orbital layer) in SQL format

units\art\xml - one file per unit containing all the ArtDefine_Xyz entries for that unit (including orbital layer) in XML format

(These files were generated by a Java program directly accessing the SQLite database, and so are very easy to regenerate if needed.)

Attachments

• units.zip
    175.7 KB · Views: 463
Thanks whoward69! I was hoping you would do this soon. These make it so quick and painless to make unit mods. :goodjob:

Is there a place to get the unit models? I want to use them in a mod for Civ 5

If you own Beyond Earth then you'll have access to the models. You can use Dragon Unpacker to unpack them from the .fpk files under ...steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\Resource....

If you own Beyond Earth then you'll have access to the models. You can use Dragon Unpacker to unpack them from the .fpk files under ...steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\Resource....

So going the other way, if you own Civ5 you can port the Civ5 models into BE?

D

I would assume so, however due to the fact that certain entities don't exist in both games, like sound files and particle effects it might be problematic trying to port Civ5 models to Beyond Earth and vice versa. When I tried porting the Tier 4 Supremacy Battleship to Civ5 the model didn't appear, either because it is missing dependencies or because I am terrible at modding.

So going the other way, if you own Civ5 you can port the Civ5 models into BE?

Yes, but sound effects would be fiddle to move and I don't know if particle effects port over. See this post for Civ 5 modded unit in Beyond Earth.

Is Nexus Buddy 2 compatible with Windows 10? Been trying to get it to work so I can port the models but it won't run for some reason.

Is Nexus Buddy 2 compatible with Windows 10? Been trying to get it to work so I can port the models but it won't run for some reason.

Yes, it works fine under Windows 10, provided you have everything set up correctly.

Check a couple of things:
1) In the Windows registry the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Firaxis\Tools - ToolAssetPath key should be set to your root Civ 5 game directory ...\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V which should contain the subfolders "Assets" and "Resource". You can use Regedit to edit the Registry.
2) In the file nexusbuddy.exe.config, make sure these lines are present:
<runtime>
<loadFromRemoteSources
enabled="true"/>
</runtime>

For further tips on getting it working take a look at the Nexus Buddy 2 thread.

Top Bottom