1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DDS Files for Icons

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Tulane, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Tulane

Tulane Chieftain

Hey all - sorry if this is a dumb question of the wrong place to ask, this is my first modding attempt.

I'm creating icons and a leaderscreen for my new civ (The Gems from Steven Universe). I've used an online DDS converter after placing the icons in the Photoshop templates provided by Firaxis (the grids used to make an icon atlas). The images load (aimage 1) so I'm confident in my XML code, but they have this ugly black square around them that I cant' get rid of. (no matter if I save the image file with the black alpha filter or without).

I've tried using the NVIDIA DDS extension for photoshop (See image 2 for settings), but no matter which setting I pick, it doesn't load at all in the same (I get an error pop up). Any input on a fix for either method?

Moderator Action: Moved to the main C&C forum as that is where questions go. leif

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2020
  2. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

Paint.net is an efficient, free and minimalist graphic application highly customizable which natively manages .dds format

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020