Deal AI Development

So Greece proposes shared embassies.

upload_2021-1-15_21-1-13.png

Let's see how much he will give up for these shared embassies.

upload_2021-1-15_21-12-3.png

Let's see what he will accept for a single embassy on either side.

upload_2021-1-15_21-18-52.png

upload_2021-1-15_21-24-22.png

Seems exploitable...
Max total from 1 deal: 1 GPT, 50 Gold
Max total from 2 deals: 2 GPT, 49 Gold

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-15_21-0-38.png
    upload_2021-1-15_21-0-38.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 34
  • upload_2021-1-15_21-2-0.png
    upload_2021-1-15_21-2-0.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 41
  • upload_2021-1-15_21-19-45.png
    upload_2021-1-15_21-19-45.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 38
  • upload_2021-1-15_21-20-7.png
    upload_2021-1-15_21-20-7.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 36
One lay standing annoyance that would be great to correct. Most of the time when you hit the "what would make this deal work" button, the AI doesn't give a response. It would be nice at minimum if it just matched GPT on either side until the deal was equitable.

One QoL improvement. In general when I hit "what would make this deal work?". The AI normally either says nothing (which is almost never true), or will throw in a bunch of my 1 unit luxs which I normally don't want to sell.

It would be nice if the button defaulted to balancing the deal with gold, and then using other resources only if gold is not an option.

One QoL improvement. In general when I hit "what would make this deal work?". The AI normally either says nothing (which is almost never true), or will throw in a bunch of my 1 unit luxs which I normally don't want to sell.

It would be nice if the button defaulted to balancing the deal with gold, and then using other resources only if gold is not an option.
The opposite applies too - when I'm offering some goods to an AI, I expect gold, not their own goods, and especially not WORLD MAP or voting yay on sanctioning me.

Playing on the latest beta and there seems to be some wonky stuff going on with war bribes
Spoiler War for city deal :

upload_2021-1-19_12-11-29.png

Spoiler War for a lux :

upload_2021-1-19_12-9-56.png

For clarity, he will give me a defensive pact and every non-Capital city in his empire to war France, but refuses to give even one lux. Screenshot shows Coral but all the other luxes also show "Impossible!"

Didn't go through with the deal because it would've been a hyper exploit (though also hilarious... my empire would double in size for warring someone I already dislike), but it also leaves me in a position where I also cant get much of anything else between his negative GPT and refusal to trade luxes.

So I put this offer together (AI did not present it). Alexander I get it, you hate Rome....but this may be a touch excessive. Only reason I couldn't get more gold is because the UI only accepts 4 digits!

Spoiler :

upload_2021-1-30_23-57-7.png

Both deals involve trading the World Map. Could it be that trading the World Map triggers some sort of bug?
It does and I'm almost certain it's the root of the problem. I've seen it posted on Git in the past already; it has something to do with the map stacking multiple times in deals.

If you see any more insane offers like this, please post a bug report to Github with a savegame one turn before the AI makes the offer (or if you made the offer, the turn of).

Vassals could use a tweak on their Hegemony deal making.

Japan (my vassal who is paying 25% taxes under Iron Fist) just agreed to 7 hegemony votes at 1300 diplomacy points (which was like 6 luxs I had an extra copy of). Way too cheap for a game winning move. I like that vassals are willing to deal on hegemony, but they should make me hurt for the deal

I thing I find annoying about sanctions is that I cannot even demand that a civ attacking one of my CS stop attacking, there is no way to hinder them other them trying to body block their units with my own or just straight up declaring war. I wish I at least had the chance to demand it, and if they refuse then go to war with them.

I thing I find annoying about sanctions is that I cannot even demand that a civ attacking one of my CS stop attacking, there is no way to hinder them other them trying to body block their units with my own or just straight up declaring war. I wish I at least had the chance to demand it, and if they refuse then go to war with them.
I've experienced the same in a recent game.

Also, even just being denounced removes the embassy and prevents negotiating this kind of deal.

If the AI keeps on conquering CS, then some adjustments would be welcome there.

World Maps can be very useful if you haven't traded them yet, but this is still excessive.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• upload_2021-3-9_14-15-57.png
    upload_2021-3-9_14-15-57.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 59
A note on Tech Trades:

So in a recent trade with a long standing friend, I was able to acquire Industrialization (7,623 :c5science:) at a price of 1500 :c5gold: and 38 GPT, or 3400 :c5gold: in total.

So that means my gold is effectively generating science at a rough 2.24 :c5science: to 1:c5gold: ratio. Considering that normally gold is valued at half a science or even less.....that does suggest the deals are imbalanced.

Now tech deals do generally mean that the wonder of the tech has already been taken, so it does lose some value. But on the other hand, I am getting immediate science now for delayed gold payments, and yields now > yields later. Regardless, I would argue that tech trading does make focusing on gold a pretty viable path to play science....but is it too cheap? I'm curious on other opinions here.

Declaration of war proposals are very exploitable. And at this point I'm always taking the gold per turn for allowing an embassy. I can usually throw in an embassy with them with some other deal in the future. That 1 gold per turn adds up from every civ...

Would it possible to make the AI's valuation of Strategic Resources be editable through XML? Or is that something that can only be edited through the DLL?

Would it possible to make the AI's valuation of Strategic Resources be editable through XML? Or is that something that can only be edited through the DLL?

It's DLL code. It would be possible but impractical to make it XML code.

Top Bottom