Dear Firaxis, I don't like DLC

My opinion on DLC:
I only started playing on Civ V, i really liked Civ V :). I played it for about 2-3 months then i quit for a while.
Then there was the first big DLC (i don't buy small DLC, unless it's really good but most times it's not) and i started playing again with that DLC for 2-3 months.
Then there was the final DLC and i played it again for a months of 2,3.

Now with Civ Beyond Earth incoming i'm playing again to train a bit :).

So my point is:
I'm not against DLC, it makes me come back to Civ V.
But on many many other games i only play the game for about a month and even if there's DLC i don't buy it or play the game again unless i have a sudden urgue to play that game again. Only then i'm tempted to buy the DLC if it's really good, otherwise i just don't buy it and keep playing the normal game without DLC.

My opinion can change so a word to fireaxis: It's not that if "call of duty" does it U have to do it to. Stay true to yourself and the fans will love u.
If u go and follow everybody else, in the end the fans will let u go and then u have to hope that ur new fans stick to u as your old fans did (but my guess, they don't do that).

If it comes to buying DLCs, I really like the approach of Paradox Interactive for Europa Universalis 4. I can't think a better way to earn more money while making most of the customers happy.
http://www.eu4wiki.com/Downloadable_content

The way EA handles the Dlcs is the worst way possible for me. I take Titanfall for an example. Buying a "season pass" (a 3-dlc preorder) is buying a pig in a poke. If you buy a dlc seperately, which are three maps, you pay ~10€/15$.

Top Bottom