December 2020 patch?

iamliberal

Prince
I see references to a December patch that make it so you can tell AI to stop asking for things. I bought the Gathering Storm dlc finally last week (iPad version) and I don’t see an option to tell AI to stop asking. So is the patch not out yet for anyone? Or maybe just not out yet for iOS? Any ETA?

I see references to a December patch that make it so you can tell AI to stop asking for things. I bought the Gathering Storm dlc finally last week (iPad version) and I don’t see an option to tell AI to stop asking. So is the patch not out yet for anyone? Or maybe just not out yet for iOS? Any ETA?

None of the New Frontier Pass content (including patches for “all versions” of Civ 6) is out on iOS yet. When the NFP was announced, it was stated that it would be coming to iOS by the end of the year (2020), but since then, Firaxis and Aspyr have been completely silent in the subject, so as to whether the iOS version will ever be updated again, your guess is as good as ours. :(

Oh hrmmph I don’t know what New Frontier Pass is. I saw a forum list of patches, any clue which is the last patch we got so I can figure out where patches left off for us iPad users?

According to the iOS app store, it's been at least a year since we saw an update, and there have been two patches for the base game we are still waiting for. I think it's safe to say this should be considered abandonware. Sure makes me not want to ever give Aspyr any more of my money.

According to the iOS app store, it's been at least a year since we saw an update, and there have been two patches for the base game we are still waiting for. I think it's safe to say this should be considered abandonware. Sure makes me not want to ever give Aspyr any more of my money.

wow that’s really disappointing. I switched from playing on Mac to iPad finding it convenient to play lying around on the couch. I actually thought they might abandon Mac altogether in favor of iOS. So strange not to be supporting iOS anymore.

I think it’s safe after all this time to assume that the IOS platform has been dropped out of all the newer updates , actually from what I was reading in the console and Nintendo forums it seems that the game is unplayable and full of bugs so in general I think lots of issues regarding hardware limitations

Last edited:
I think it’s safe after all this time to assume that the IOS platform has been dropped out of all the newer updates , actually from what I was reading in the console and Nintendo forums it seems that the game is unplayable and full of bugs so in general I think lots of issues regarding hardware limitations

oh LOL I literally was thinking maybe I should go buy it on Xbox I bet that’s where they’re focusing! Boy I really don’t have a clue :|

The game plays extremely well on my iPad Pros, both the original and the newer one. I was hoping this would translate to the M1 Macs, and it might still.

Oh yes Civ plays great on my iPad Pro from 2018. I mjust want all the balancing and feature patches that have come out but haven’t been updated to iPad yet. And it’s seeming like they might never. Did Civ not sell well on iOS?

Did Civ not sell well on iOS?

Well, considering how many people complained that it should be free since they already paid for it on the PC, and the difficulty in getting people to pay fair prices for mobile apps, I wouldn’t be surprised if it isn’t making enough money.

Top Bottom