Decisions T44 and onwards to T100

I wouldn't expect a lot of help from vikings in that plan. Their role in that alliance would basically be to not attack us and expend their military might on something else. Around that time we might even want to imply that we would help them with their neighbor, but only provide token assistance when it came down to it.

Something occured to me that follows with a couple of plans that have been discussed here for tech trading:
Trade mavericks alphabet for IW or math.
Trade the civ beyond mavericks alphabet and IW or math for the other of those two.
Get CDZ to tech MC and trade them two of alph/math/IW for it, hopefully holding back the third for the next trade down the line or to just straight bribe them with.

From CDZ point of view, it encourages them not to develop a trading relationship with their other neighbor (driving that guy to his other neighbor and creating a negative relationship between those CDZ and their other neighbor). It also allows them to tech something down a tech path that they are inevitably eager to pursue, making the deal look pretty attractive to them. And if we'd rather leave them holding the bag, they've researched metal casting.

For mavericks it's a pretty straight trade that just happens to favor them on beakers. We'd have to hope they don't have contact with enough people to really realize that it is not that good and we'd be isolating them

For the guy past mavericks it's a two for one tech trade, and if he wants to trade those techs to his other neighbor for something else that doesn't leave us behind him. If it's not metal casting we might even be able to get it ourselves.

A lot is predicated on meeting that civ beyond mavericks and getting them to ally with us, which may not be realistic.

After the cottage came up and we utilized it, the lead time to Alphabet is reduced from 18 turns to 16 turns. Projecting Quatron coming up in 6 turns, at the same time we complete writing, and the instant gains of having 1-2 gold more there, I guess we can do Alphabet in about 14-15 turns, depending on micromanagement, for a total of 6+15 turns from now (21 turns). But we need to research alphabet before the CDZ boat reaches Maverick, and I truly hope people see this, not ignore this as it may seem in the discussions.

I agree with you that could be of crucial importance if we are going for a brokering-heavy strategy, so yes, if others are thinking of that, you gotta realize it kinda mandates Alphabet. I think most are looking at Writing anyway, so then it's just Alpha/Math to follow, but I am good with Alphabet anyway. Even if we don't get a real tech-swapping ring going - if it'll just be equitable techs with the neighbors, it still helps. If something really new and interesting comes out (India Oracles something, as an example) we could reconsider after Writing though.

I certainly do think I'd not favor *backtracking* after we do Writing - if we do Writing now we keep teching onwards, not back for Animal Husbandry or Iron Working or something, we'll just have to trade for those.

Chopping forests on our island is folly, as I see it, as we dont have enough health resources to carry the weight, and forests provide 0.5 health each. I would only warrant chops if the health situation warrants it.

Top Bottom