Defining our Provinces

eyrei

Deity
Retired Moderator
We need to engage in a serious discussion of what cities to inlcude in the two provinces we have governors for. My proposition is that Fox's Nest, Eyr, Pherris, Shailenogha, PDX and whatever city(s) we build in the northwest be the first province. Civanator and Khatovar will be the first cities in the second province, and will be joined by one or both of the cities we want to build in the SE (assuming the Egyptians do not settle there), as well as a couple of cities in current American territory between Civanator and Khatovar and the coast.

Lets have some suggestions!

PS . I know we already have a thread about this, but I wanted to start fresh, as times have changed.

Eyrei's proposition is workable and geographical - which had huge popular support. But weren't we going to limit a province to five cities? If so we might want to consider shifting PDX to an 'American' province once a city is built NW of Eyr and we've Phoenaticized a few of Abe's cities.

I'm running an idea through my mind about the geographically-based provinces. Something like 126 land tiles for each province. still working on my map, but i'm tired and going to bed.

I support eyreis idea :goodjob:, but I would still like to come back to the suggestion I made in the other thread: can we not plan out provinces that contain up to 5 major cities, then accept them to grow to 6 or 7 if we settle aditional cities (which will inevitably stay small) in the same geographical area?

Originally posted by Killer
can we not plan out provinces that contain up to 5 major cities, then accept them to grow to 6 or 7 if we settle aditional cities (which will inevitably stay small) in the same geographical area?

That sounds reasonable, especially since we are not building very densely right now, so 'minor' cities will have to be built later to take advantage of all of our land.

Originally posted by eyrei

That sounds reasonable, especially since we are not building very densely right now, so 'minor' cities will have to be built later to take advantage of all of our land.

I just feel we shouldn`t have provinces ripped to pieces and scattered all over the place (geographical base avoids this) or have to shift towns from oen prov to another (and maybe a third or back) later (allow growth to 5 major + small towns addresses that).

Hey eyrei, hpw`s your halo? Does it give you a headache yet?

:lol: I`m glad I`m not a deity - I can still misbehave.....

Originally posted by Killer

Hey eyrei, hpw`s your halo? Does it give you a headache yet?

:lol: I`m glad I`m not a deity - I can still misbehave.....

I'm not sure if I should be proud or extremely embarrassed that I have 1500+ posts. It depends on the day, and who I am talking too.:crazyeye:

Originally posted by eyrei

I'm not sure if I should be proud or extremely embarrassed that I have 1500+ posts. It depends on the day, and who I am talking too.:crazyeye:

:lol: you mean when you talk to your boss you`d prefer to drop a zero or two? :lol:

Fox's Nest, Eyr, Pherris, Shailenogha, and PDX should be the first province. All additional cities should go in the second province. When we get to eleven cities we should be willing to redefine the provinces in whatever fashion makes the most geographic sense.

i'm not sure how this map will go over with everyone, but it's a plan that will cut down on shifting the province borders, plus allow for individual province growth. if you want to dense build, then do it. if you don't, don't. you have 126 tiles in each province that can be used any way the citizens want. they are responsible for their polution, roadways/railways/ etc. (or not, that was just a thought). but it does show a stable growth path that one can follow. BTW, use the outside (most NE) yellow lines. i had to make a slight adjustment. anyway...

I like Cyc's plan. One thing to consider though is that number of cities in a province will have empire-wide implications for corruption.

I like the geographic province idea also. We'll need to work out tile use though. There will be frequent instances where a city will want or need to use tiles in another province.

I vote for Cyc's plan

Originally posted by Falcon02
I vote for Cyc's plan

me, too!

maybe we could define the areas where two towns overlap as interprovincial borderland now and have them "rules" by the two cities, instead of putting down a line now and then start to argue later?

In in with Cyc, because this way PDX can be the capital of the new province :D :D :D

In addition to that, I like pictures, so any plan with graphix draws my attention...

EDIT: 100th post...:beer: [dance]

Skilord, missed you at the Last Chance last night. Must have been the burritos. Anyway, would you favor governing the NW coast of the yellow province or the NE seaboard of the blue province? Both seem to have their advantages. Both will be hit hard by corruption (unless one of them is chosen to build the Forbidden Palace).

One thing i like about this 126 tile provincial allocation is that it can be used with all of our land acquisitions. No matter how much territory our grand Military Department brings us or in which direction our borders expand, this plan could still be applied.

Top Bottom