Defining the CoC - Consitution Proposal

I agree with Immortal that we should not have a CoC. The DP is the one that schedules turnchats and they're is the one that plays them. If they can't make it to their own scheduled turnchat, maybe a new pres should be elected. In cases of emergencies where the DP has to leave he/she should be able to appoint whoever they want as a temp DP.

Even if a CoC was to be made, why would the VP rank so high? The VP position isn't an elected position. The ministers should come first, then governors, and then judges because the judges shouldn't be forced to split their thoughts on the legality of acts when they're the ones doing the acts.

Code:
[b]Chain of Command[/b]

In the event that the Designated Player or President is unable to conduct 
business as defined by his or her office the following chain of command 
shall be envoked in the following order:

President
Vice President
Domestic Advisor
Foreign Affairs Advisor
Military Advisor
Trade Advisor
Culture Advisor
Science Advisor
Govenors
Lt. Govenors
Chief Justice
Associate Justice
Public Defender
Domestic Deputy
Foreign Affairs Deputy
Military Deputy
Trade Deputy
Culture Deputy
Science Deputy

In the case of the Chain of Command resulting in control of the govenors 
and Lt. Govenors should go by order of seniority by the oldest province.

Changed a few things around, Thanks to Cyc to remind me to add the Science leader

blackheart said:
I agree with Immortal that we should not have a CoC. The DP is the one that schedules turnchats and they're is the one that plays them. If they can't make it to their own scheduled turnchat, maybe a new pres should be elected. In cases of emergencies where the DP has to leave he/she should be able to appoint whoever they want as a temp DP.

Even if a CoC was to be made, why would the VP rank so high? The VP position isn't an elected position. The ministers should come first, then governors, and then judges because the judges shouldn't be forced to split their thoughts on the legality of acts when they're the ones doing the acts.
Personaly, I disagree with Immortal. The CoC is a system to determane who should be the DP in the event the President fails to show up in his/her own turnchat due to various reasons ranging from medical to family reasons that often pops up in everyone's RL situations.

Also, the reason the VP is the second in-line in the CoC is due to traditions. In the past demogames, the VP has always held a spot as the 2nd in command in the CoC much like the RL presidents and vice-presidents in the US government.

the VP is chosen by the candidate too IRL.

Are you saying this is preferable?

Wow, we have two members of the Judiciary that are already against the CoC from the git go. Better dot your i's and cross your t's when writing this one up. :D

I agree with donsig that if we are to consider this proposal, it should wind up in a lower book. Although I must admit that I am shocked to hear the words "lower book" coming out of our honorable journalist's mouth. ;)

CivGeneral said:
Code:
[b]Chain of Command[/b]

President
Vice President
Domestic Advisor
Foreign Affairs Advisor
Military Advisor
Trade Advisor
Culture Advisor
Science Advisor
Govenors
Lt. Govenors
Chief Justice
Associate Justice
Public Defender
Domestic Deputy
Foreign Affairs Deputy
Military Deputy
Trade Deputy
Culture Deputy
Science Deputy

Changed a few things around, Thanks to Cyc to remind me to add the Science leader

Get the deputies out of there, CG. :nono: The measure will never pass.

yea, any non elected peoples should not be in there... at least not until they are better defined positions anyway

CivGeneral said:
Personaly, I disagree with Immortal. The CoC is a system to determane who should be the DP in the event the President fails to show up in his/her own turnchat due to various reasons ranging from medical to family reasons that often pops up in everyone's RL situations.

Also, the reason the VP is the second in-line in the CoC is due to traditions. In the past demogames, the VP has always held a spot as the 2nd in command in the CoC much like the RL presidents and vice-presidents in the US government.

Except that in modern government the VP now does more than just wait for the president to croak. Maybe we should assign the VP some duties to do?

The VP would have had duties if we had a Senate...

Any CoC should only list the Executive Branch Leaders, no VP, no deputies, etc. If we don't have 1 of the 7 executives at the chat, we should just pospone the chat.

The VP must be second, it is, by definition his job. The VP does need a new way of being determined/elected though.

Bobby Lee said:
The VP must be second, it is, by definition his job. The VP does need a new way of being determined/elected though.

In essence, the VP and Deputies are elected if they are the runners-up in elections.

Yes, but i dont think that it is actually spelled out at the moment, they are also subject to appointment I think by precedent.

the vp shouldnt be in the coc as long as deputies are runner ups in election, otherwise that may change... but why give someone(vp) who lost in an election over someone who won(domestic advisor)

Traditionally, you had to have been an advisor first before you could run for president. Thus, you were already in a higher position.

actually runner ups for VP isnt a bad idea, it just needs to be put down as the rule in writing...it ensures that no (extreme) hard feelings are felt...there are other ways though, makeing a president appoint his VP before the election or haveing a separate election...perhaps that point should be settle first...

I wish to say again though that BY DEFINITION of the position, the VP must be second in line...

Since we are on the subject of VP, I would recommend a Combined Ticket of President and VP. To me this is the only way that the VP should be allowed retain second-in-command.

This could also add an interesting aspect of the game, as for the first time(to my knowledge), voters would be able to essentially vote for a leadership team. A newer presidential hopeful could get a bump in the polls based on his choice of a veteran running mate. Or conversely, a veteran DGer could bring youth to the ticket and in turn provide the best internship ever. :D

If we do it, I think we should allow it for the Pres/VP only. My guess is that you won't get many people who are willing to accept second banana for a minister or governor position going into the election.

Something should be written up by somebody on that subject...

*Sigh* some people dont think Deputies should have authority :rolleyes:

Code:
[b]Chain of Command[/b]

President
Vice President
Domestic Advisor
Foreign Affairs Advisor
Military Advisor
Trade Advisor
Culture Advisor
Science Advisor
Govenors
Chief Justice
Associate Justice
Public Defender

Here is the new version without the deputies. I still personaly think the Deputies should have a place in the CoC.

Donovan Zoi said:
Since we are on the subject of VP, I would recommend a Combined Ticket of President and VP. To me this is the only way that the VP should be allowed retain second-in-command.

This could also add an interesting aspect of the game, as for the first time(to my knowledge), voters would be able to essentially vote for a leadership team. A newer presidential hopeful could get a bump in the polls based on his choice of a veteran running mate. Or conversely, a veteran DGer could bring youth to the ticket and in turn provide the best internship ever. :D

If we do it, I think we should allow it for the Pres/VP only. My guess is that you won't get many people who are willing to accept second banana for a minister or governor position going into the election.

I am against on doing this. I perfer that all deputies including the VP should be the runner-up slots in elections.

Sigh all you want CG.

A) YOU are a deputy, therefore your aims in this CoC are suspect to me.
B) I will never allow a deputy to come before an executive or legislative member in anything I vote on as a voting citizen.
C) Once again your queue puts this unelected suspect position of Lt.Governors as a position of running the turnchat. If a member of the executive is not present at the turnchat, it should NOT be conducted.

Top Bottom