Deity wonderspam challenge

Silverbow

Prince
I rolled this start a few days back:

Spoiler :

Louis, on fractal, NH/NE.

And with both stone and marble right in the BFC while being Louis, I wonder - how many wonders can you spam in this game? Winning being secondary to the glorious quest of wonderspam and all...:lol:

Too bad it's not an OCC, but one can't have everything.

Attachments

• Wonderspam BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    44.6 KB · Views: 75
I rolled this start a few days back:

Spoiler :

Louis, on fractal, NH/NE.

And with both stone and marble right in the BFC while being Louis, I wonder - how many wonders can you spam in this game?

I can't spam any wonders at all without a savefile.

If the warrior reveals no further food to the west I'd say burn a turn to settle 1E on the plains hill.

Edit: nevermind, looks like there are 2 floodplains to the west.

so very tempting to settle that stone, that would get you the early wonders for sure

Spoiler :
SIP, since my warrior move was 1W and I saw the phants.

Spoiler :
Alright, did the same, as per my initial inclination. 1E is stronger, though: despite having less tiles the better tiles are kept. Settling towards the corner is a little annoying but... 1E can eventually build the Moai Statues with nice benefits (no long term loss compared with SIP) and has that 2H city tile for extra power at the start.

So SIP it is. Start is way harder than it looks. Fish + Cows make for a poor combo. Hunting, I believe, should be skipped and the ivory farmed (initially).
Fishing -> AH is an ok start. Start worker, switch to workboat, complete worker. Brings in slightly more food/commerce than worker first and slightly less production.

Looks like you're playing it to win and not to wonderspam :lol:

And yes it's much harder than it looks, due to

Spoiler :
the bloody Mongol. Actually in my game all was going well and wonderspammy until I got a 1500 BC dagger that I had no chance against. Oh well. :lol:

So is there food south of stone hill? Did anyone consider waste 2 turns and settle on it?

Come on, GKey, don't ask: play turn 1! :lol: Turn 0, even...

@Silverbow:
Fishing into Mysticism is prolly doable but... farming the cows, really? I don't think I'm up for that. Losing on Stonehenge may result in more, later wonders, too...

1500 BC:
Spoiler :
Spoiler :

Oh hello, there...

Thus ends my attempt. 1 wonder built: Oracle (took Maths, hoping to chop stuff... never got BW).
A simple game. Thanks, Silverbow :)

I managed to build Stonehenge, GW in a kind of funny way, a stupid-late Oracle and the 'mids with 5 cities until the inevitable happened.

Spoiler :
Check out the turn before I finished the Great Wall:

:lol:

I think that maybe Oracle'ing HBR and rushing Genghis might be the way to make an actual game of this one. I dont even think gifting a city will keep you safe and he's almost certain to declare before you can give him techs. No chance for shared religion, not that you get much of a diplo boost from that with Genghis.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0229.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0229.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 365
@Ben-jammin:
Spoiler :
Cool screenshot :eek:
Just realized it's Genghis and not cultured Kubilai that we're facing.
Might also be possible to buy some time by culture pressing him and stealing the strategic resources he settles (at least eastern copper... not sure what else he has access to).

Top Bottom