Delete added unit in DEBUG game ?

The Dragonlord

Chieftain
I am playing a DEBUG test game. I added (shift+ F1) a fortress unit into an AI city. However, the result & effect is not what I want & I would like to delete it now. But I can't find any way to do this ? Can it be done ? It seems strange that you can add a unit in DEBUG but can't delete it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

The Dragonlord

ps- its C3C

By any chance did you do a .SAV before you added the fortress unit, or have one that is reasonably close prior to adding the unit. I have used DEBUG a fair amount and to the best of my knowledge, once you add something, you cannot delete it.

timerover51
Thanks for your suggestion. I opened my earliest autosave but the unit had already been added. Unfortunately, I needed to play a number of turns to determine that the result & effect was not what I wanted. That area of the game is not where my main
reason for testing is so the DEBUG will go on. But you can be sure that the next time I add anything I will save & move it to where I can go back to it. I never thought of that until you suggested it. I appreciate your response & help. Thanks again.

The Dragonlord

Generally, it is best to do a .SAV anytime you are about to do something that may have a major effect on the game. However, I am guilty of not following my own advice at times. In my current game on Play the World, with a modified Test of Time, I failed to do a ,SAv right after the Iroquois declared war on me, and again when I decided to hit the Songhai. The result was I think that I triggered one major Barbarian uprising too many while this was going on and the game crashed. The game was getting a bit flaky before that, so I was pushing the limits before the uprising. I can go back to the last .SAV prior to that however, and change what I am doing. My guess is that I still will end up at war with both civilizations, but there are some things that I can do to reduce the problems with the Barbarians. Hopefully, that will avoid the crashing. When I am doing a DEBUG game, I save fairly frequently, as those are tests, and I like to see the results of various actions.

Top Bottom