[TOT] Democracy question on starting new cities and population level

DaggerDigwillow

Reading: Second World Wars by Victor Davis Hanson
So I remember from decades ago that in democracy new cities would start under democracy at level 3. Playing now I'm unable to duplicate this result and I thought I might be going mad or just remembering things incorrectly but then I found under Starlifters Power democracy consolidated in his discussion of hyperextension the same thoughts that cities normally start at population 3 in democracy. I play TOT and I thought maybe this was some kind of change between the versions but firing up classic and using cheat to force techs and government I'm not able to duplicate the pop 3 for new cities in democracy either. What do I need to do in order to create new cities with a population of 3?

So I remember from decades ago that in democracy new cities would start under democracy at level 3. Playing now I'm unable to duplicate this result and I thought I might be going mad or just remembering things incorrectly but then I found under Starlifters Power democracy consolidated in his discussion of hyperextension the same thoughts that cities normally start at population 3 in democracy. I play TOT and I thought maybe this was some kind of change between the versions but firing up classic and using cheat to force techs and government I'm not able to duplicate the pop 3 for new cities in democracy either. What do I need to do in order to create new cities with a population of 3?
Cities are always founded with 1 population in Civ II. Cities must be at size 3 to start celebrating We Love the King/Consul/President Day. You can increase the population of a city by pressing 'B' with a settler/engineer on an already existing city, as long as the population is less than the aqueduct limit (8 for regular game). An advanced power democracy (especially one that wants to maximise GOTM score, which requires +2% growth per turn to break even) doesn't want to wait around for cities to grow to size 3 naturally, so they add a couple engineers so celebrations can start on the next turn.

Cities are always founded with 1 population in Civ II. Cities must be at size 3 to start celebrating We Love the King/Consul/President Day. You can increase the population of a city by pressing 'B' with a settler/engineer on an already existing city, as long as the population is less than the aqueduct limit (8 for regular game). An advanced power democracy (especially one that wants to maximise GOTM score, which requires +2% growth per turn to break even) doesn't want to wait around for cities to grow to size 3 naturally, so they add a couple engineers so celebrations can start on the next turn.
Thanks for the clarification. Is there a diety+ difficulty for TOT versions?

Thanks for the clarification. Is there a diety+ difficulty for TOT versions?
I don't think so, but I'm not sure that is from personal knowledge. I may simply have heard that deity+ didn't work on MGE or TOT, and never tried it myself. All you have to do is find the list of difficulties in game.txt, and add an extra line for each difficulty. Then, start a new game, and select the higher difficulty level.

Top Bottom