Democracy Team Name?

Which Name Would You Like To See For The Team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cyc

Looking for the door...
Everyone registered as a Democracy-style team member can vote for the team name in this poll. Just choose the name you'd like to see represent our team.

1. Eagles
2. Team Prez
3. Team Freedom
4. Team Soviet
5. Team MacLean
6. Civatics
7. ABSTAIN

This is a public poll and will be open for 2 days only. Please vote quickly.

Eagles seems okay, though that image has been a bit overused. (I know it's a reference, but people won't necessarily get it.)

Hmm. I didn't know Eagles had been over-used. Guess I should read more PBEMs.

No, I meant history in general, they're a pretty common symbol of empires-though this could maybe be a reason to go with it. It'd seem a bit Americana too, since that is what eagles are most commonly associated with.

I suppose I should keep in mind that discussion starts before the game does next time I join a demogame...

Although this is a democratic poll, I really would not like Team Freedom. For personally it's too close to team FREE of MTDG II.

Good point. I agree. It's kinda like sleeping with the enemy, huh.

Yeah, I'd like to beak away to something new.

I still remember one "slogan/caricature" from the first Gulf War:

A picture showing an eagle who's ripping an Iraqi flag into pieces with his claw.
"Mess with the Eagle and you'll get the claw"

I really do hope you won't choose that name...

Sorry Lanzelot, but this has nothing to do with any Iraq invasion. I'm not a hater like most people who posted those kind of pictures were.

Looks like Eagles did win. I'm glad it did. Gotta fly like an Eagle......

Well, doesn't matter that much... And after all: there are also good connotations with "eagle" in my head. One of my favorite ABBA songs is Eagle.
(Sorry, didn't find anything that comes close to the studio recording. This was the best I could find, but the pictures are a bit... well, just close your eyes... and fly...)

Aww, I would have voted for Team Freedom.

Guess we don't do runoffs? :D

(probably a good thing, too many polls already)

No, we can do run-off polls. This decision needed to be made quickly, as our private forums were going up and needed some kind of moniker.

If we were to include Bacon King's vote, the runoff would be between Eagles and Freedom.

Please. Not Freedom. No offense intended CBob, but I do not want the name of a team of the last (still running) DG.

Please. Not Freedom. No offense intended CBob, but I do not want the name of a team of the last (still running) DG.

Oh, c'mon. The two are TOTALLY different.

FREE vs. Freedom. That's a whole three caps and two lowercase letters that differentiate the two! :lol:

Oh, c'mon. The two are TOTALLY different.

FREE vs. Freedom. That's a whole three caps and two lowercase letters that differentiate the two! :lol:
THREE lowercase letters. :crazyeye:

Also, FREE is an acronym for Federated Republic of the Everlaakan Empire. I think that's the right wording...

:lol:
BTW, Elephantium, you're in. Do your see the private forum called Eagles?

Top Bottom