Derf's Ashes Modules

Literally just a crash as soon as you end the first turn. I haven't had the time to figure out why at the moment.
The modules are available in the google drive, as mentioned, if you want to see for yourself. Just load either one up, take your first turn as them, and when you hit enter it'll CtD. I don't have the python experience to figure out what and why, and I'm fairly certain it's a python issue since I can't find any mistakes in the XML code for them.

I did what you said and loaded up Maogata. And I managed to end not one but 6 turns just fine. Didn't play through the whole game but had zero problems with the module either in it or in any of the generated error logs.

Am using version 0.5 from your google drive in combination with the non-svn version of the mod.

Last edited:
The 14.11 ones still work fine, it's the svn version that's giving me trouble

I'll look at the code files right now. But in the meantime have you considered simply reporting them from scratch? As in taking the working stable version and doing a port to the newest SVN ignoring the existing SVN code?

It's definitively not a python error though as the python files are identical between your versions.

Last edited:
For the svn version, the only changes I've made are the updates to the schemas. Everything else has been left untouched.
I'm not able to get to my computer at the moment, but I'll have another look into it and see what I can turn up when I get home.

That's probably the cause than. When you upgrade the schema you should make sure your old XML actually matches the schema in question.

I originally posted on this in the main AoE thread, but realized it's probably better to post here, since it relates to the Scions Healthcare module.

The Scions can still build the Salthouse, but their cities don't grow with food, so unless someone can come up with UB replacement, I would recommend blocking them from being able to build it. They have plenty of UBs and other unique mechanics, so a UB to replace the Salthouse isn't necessary -- again, unless someone has a truly compelling suggestion for one.

Top Bottom