[Design] Drow

Cool. I'll look for the Drow female Infantry then now.

I found a tentative name for the Drow female Infantry, Danifae Yauntyrr.

I would have a good name for drow male hero: 'Drizzt Do'Urden' ... :D
Spoiler :
Let's see how many get the reference...

I got them from the wiki on the War of the Spider. Ya know, it's set in the Forgotten Realms world in mostly the Underdark and sometimes on the surface.

I would have a good name for drow male hero: 'Drizzt Do'Urden' ... :D
Spoiler :
Let's see how many get the reference...
Dragonia isn't Faerun... I would prefer that all leaders and heroes in the mod are not direct references to characters in other worlds.

Ok, man, I'll try to think up names without research. I jus figured that since civs like Thay are from Faerun that maybe other Faerun stuff would work. Never mind, man.

Pulling a first name, or doing a similar name from other sources are fine. I just don't want a direct reference, especially for a well known character like Drizzt.

Ok, so do you want to keep Pharaun Mizzrym then and throw away, obviously, Danifae Yauntyrr cuz you don't like it? Or do you wanna scrap em both?

Ok. I'll think up a few last names then.

Tell me wat ya think of these names, Darque.

Pharaun Imriwzim, Drow mage

Danifae Derwinttiz, Drow female Infantry

Those are both original last names, not taken from any source but my own mind. Provided you like those names, I'll come up with the pedia entries for em, as well as for Teidroi Kezrel. Peace.

Cool. I'll work on pedia entries then for them and Teidroi Kezrel, as well.

I obtained an idea tonight when playing Dragonia, I saw that the Wood Elf warrior unit is a Blade Dancer and that gave me an idea for all the Elven races. The Blade Dancer is the begging of the tree to becoming a true warrior the "roots" if you will. I thought it would be interesting sense Elves live for literally hundreds of years that instead of being able to buy a mid level unit like a swordsman make a elf gain a certian amount of levels before you obtain a swordsman. This means with Drow units you could not simpily produce a swordsman from your city but level up one from a drow warrior...this means that over time your elven warriors will level up and as new technology is discovered he can become a stronger unit. I wasnt sure if this should be limited to just the blade dancer but to archers, priest/priestesses units, calvary, etc... You could also pick splits in the units level tree lets say between becoming a longbowman or a cross bowman and then continue the progression. By the time you reach the final technology you should have a bad ass unit!

Im not blind by my own ideas i do see the disadvantages though if your attacked and your enemy has a bunch of buffed up unit and your running around with a bunch of blade dancers then you are going to die most likely. I thought a solution to that might be maybe building certain facilites to let your units train maybe gaining experience while in a city. Possibly you could have a skill that lets you train just about anywhere but i think that might make them too much like a disciple unit its your call Darque if you even like the idea. Another idea is maybe a unit can enter a meditation phase where he cant be used in combat but he is gaining levels and by doing this the unit would be useless untill a certain number of turns.

Well, that sounds kinda cool. But the problem is like you pointed out that your enemy might have buffed units and you might not. I see lil problem myself as the DEs for that, cept money. (And I almost exclusively play DEs). But it sounds cool. Kinda impractical tho cuz if you're buildin large armies l8er on, as most people do, then all you'd have is base units runnin round gainst the tier 2, 3, or 4 units of the enemy. Idk, Darque might disagree.

hmmmm i know you are right Rock but I was trying to think of a remedy for the problem and i came up with a couple ideas....

maybe all elf units could obtain experience quicker than other units and a reduced upgrade cost....im not sure if that will work though because the whole idea might upset a balancing factor in the game.

perhaps have a training facility that buffers the upgrade process like In the dark elf trilogy by R.A. Salvatore . The main character Drizzit spends ten years at a specialized school for combat. There is also two other schools in the city one for magic and a priestess school. These schools could be available for the drow but im not sure if elves would have a similar facility.

now that i reflect on the idea it might be to radical for this game but i think its nice to present an alternative to way things usually run.

It's possible to do. Hmm...tho I don't think Drizzt Do'Urden's experiences will play into it at all. I think we already have a wonder or two that gives +2 (or somethin like that) experience. Idk. Atm tho, we're workin to complete the ideas we have. But we'll certainly keep that in mind.

There are quite a few buildings that give experiance including barracks, warrior's guild, the Citadel Adbar, plus quite a few more.

A spell could also be created that allows certain units to be upgraded for free when the appropriate building is found in the city the unit is currently in (plus I would add a turn or two of inactivity due to "training")

Top Bottom