Destroyers stopped healing

stragulus

Chieftain
500+ turns into a King game my destroyers have stopped healing. Even the ones with the supply upgrade that are supposed to heal outside friendly territory. But none of them appear to heal even inside friendly territory. Fortify until healed doesn't do anything, anywhere, whatsoever. Just when my fleet was making my biggest enemy wheep.

I've searched for this, but couldn't find anything related..is this a known bug though? I'm using the Steam Civ V that was in the humble bundle a while ago, I think that's the basic version.

You are aware that a unit must not have moved or attacked in it's turn to heal?
If so it may only be a visual glitch and it actually does heal. I'd try saving the game and restarting the computer and see if after loading the problem persists.

Yes. It turns out not *all* destroyers have this issue. I've stationed 4 in friendly territory and put them on 'fortify until healed'. Turn after turn 3 out of the 4 don't heal a single health point at all, only 1 actually heals. So this would definitely seem to be a bug.

(edit) Never mind.. I was confused due to playing in squads with medics where units do heal even if they have moved due to the medic upgrade. After waiting 1 more turn after a move they started healing again. I've sunk so many hours into this game without playing naval-style that I never ran into this before!

They used to heal on the first turn, but now they start healing only after a whole turn of not moving. I noticed that, because I have in the past let them heal and them move them, but that must have been seen as unbalanced.

Top Bottom