Development environment is awesome!

Thalassicus

Bytes and Nibblers
I just have to say, ModBuddy was done brilliantly, pure brilliance.

It's a great idea to simply mod one of the two main IDE's, Eclipse or Visual Studio (latter in the case of ModBuddy). I've used both extensively at my job, so I was able to immediately jump in with comfortable familiarity. Firaxis is far above gaming industry standards in modding tool quality, right up alongside Blizzard's RTS line of editors.

The workflow of creating, templating, testing and deploying new mods is so smoothly streamlined it's quite amazing.

Would this mean we get more advanced mods, faster than before? I've already seen some pretty good stuff around here being released.

now I feel betrayed by myself for never going to M$'s visuals and studios before :( I would never guess I would be learning more Visual Studio for such good reasons :D

we prolly won't get anything too crazy untill they release the DLL or whatever, but I'de expect to see some pretty extensive reworking of the base game before too long. It is remarkable how quickly you can make changes with the <Update> tag system.

Top Bottom