[R&F] Devs play Tamar (of Georgia) Emergencies deep dive

Also speaking of spies, I actually hope the envoys are permanently destroyed by Fabricate Scandal.

A) I don't think we should be able to compete for suzerainty of every city-state. Picking and choosing where to fight our foreign relations battles should be the aim of envoys.

B) It might actually make players weigh culture a bit heavier. As is, it's spam Campus in every city. If the loss of envoys hurts players bad enough they might actually sprinkle in a few Theater Squares, and that would be a good thing.

PS - it's also possible the new Government Plaza will have a project that generates influence towards envoys, allowing us to recoup the loss of envoys a bit faster if we desire.
The Acropolis gives a free envoy for Greece, but not regular theater squares.
The Foreign ministry building, which is a tier 2 govt. building, is used for envoy generation. I don't know if it has any project related to it.

Theater Squares don't grant envoys though? I mean, they indirectly do through the Culture Tree, but in my experience you milk almost all those envoys anyways.
Indeed, but getting containment earlier and saving a few for it is a theatre trick.I do like Cold War early.

Theater Squares don't grant envoys though? I mean, they indirectly do through the Culture Tree, but in my experience you milk almost all those envoys anyways.

Indirectly, as you said. More culture means faster civic generation, which in turn means more envoys.

The Foreign ministry building, which is a tier 2 govt. building, is used for envoy generation.

I thought the Foreign Ministry reduced the cost of levying a city-state army. Did this change? Or did I miss something?

I don't know if it has any project related to it.

Even the Entertainment Complex is going to have a project now, so if the Government Plaza doesn't have one it will join the City Center, Neighborhood, Aqueduct, and Aerodrome as the only districts without projects.

I thought the Foreign Ministry reduced the cost of levying a city-state army. Did this change? Or did I miss something?
For some reason I had it in my head that it helped generate envoys faster as well.

The Street Carnival should add +1 great person point to all other districts present in a city. Brazil desperately needs some sort of buff.

The Street Carnival should add +1 great person point to all other districts present in a city. Brazil desperately needs some sort of buff.
I wouldn't be surprised that Street Carnival is now a special version of Bread and Circuses, meaning it will generate Loyalty as well.

Old thread, but this is for those complaining that Mongolia did not do enough during the emergency. See 21:30 and 23:48 in this video. Mongolia did most of the work in liberating the city state and brought it down to 0 health as well as bringing down the walls. Of course Marbozir did the actual liberating (he's playing Korea). Of course it helps that Mongolia is very close to Hong Kong. But at least we can say the AI contributed significantly during the emergency. Of course this is one of the easier emergencies to handle, I doubt they will be as effective during a nuke emergency, nor will they be effective against human players initiating emergencies.

Top Bottom