• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Dieter's Europe & Mediterranean (52x45)

Dieter VonClam

Chieftain
The map has 18 civs: Greek, Roman, Fench, English, Dutch, Spanish, Portugal, German, Viking, Carthage, HRE, Celtic, Byzantine, Ottoman, Egypt, Arab, Russia and Mongol. Each starts in historical locations with some exceptions; HRE start in Vienna (to substiute for Austria), Ottoman start in modern Ankara as the Byzantines are in Constaninople, Arabs start in Damascus as Mecca is not on the map, Vikings in Stockholm as Nidaros is farther north than the map goes, the Celts in Warsaw to play as a Polish empire, and the Mongols are in southern Russia/black sea area.
The map is very congested, packed with barbarian cities to give realistic city locations. All civs start with 2 cities and with no techs so anyone can get to the early religions. There is an almost over-abundence of resources also in realistic and historical locations. The game will play considerably faster than a standard game; I'm assuming because of the 2 cities and tons of resources... Enjoy

Click the link below to go to the DB:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=11766

Here are some pics...

Attachments

• Greece.JPG
    Greece.JPG
    314.7 KB · Views: 896
  • Iberian Peninsula.JPG
    Iberian Peninsula.JPG
    292.8 KB · Views: 758
  • NorthWest.JPG
    NorthWest.JPG
    306.6 KB · Views: 948
Nearly 200 DLs and not a single comment, problem, or concern? What does everyone think of the map?

Well done! :thumbsup:

It would be great when you could change the name of HRE (Austria) and the Celts (Polish)!

Thanks; finally someone made a post. Glad to hear you enjoy it. I could have changed them, but I guess I was a little lazy... perhaps on the next version

I played about 30 minutes into a game with the Austrians (HRE,) and while I like the idea of historical cities already existing, it makes the development of your own cities very sluggish until you capture a good amount of barbarian cities.

Also, my computer is VERY SLOW, and this map worked well for the first 10 or so minutes before it got slow, a new record! lol

Thanks for the map, but would you mind creating a version for those with slower machines, maybe taking out some overlapping Civs (Ottomans and Byzantines, Portugese and Spanish, etc.?)

Looks like a good map with an interesting start with the semi historical basis. Thanks for uploading.

Top Bottom