1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Difference Between Gold and Commerce?

Discussion in '[MAC+WIN] Civ4 - History Rewritten' started by Civ4Gandalf13, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Civ4Gandalf13

Civ4Gandalf13 Warlord

I have been playing History Rewritten and have a question about World Builder, what is the difference between Gold and Commerce (or do they serve the same function but pl;aced by two different programmers)? Thanks

2. Little Faith

Little Faith Warlord

This is not History Rewritten specific, but In Civ4 commerce is the resource that gets fed into the economy sliders and turned into science/culture/gold/espionage. Gold is the resource that is put into your treasury and used for upkeep and various other things.

3. Civ4Gandalf13

Civ4Gandalf13 Warlord

Thanks, yes. I see that in the rules. I did not artfully worded my question. If I selected Commerce point in World Builder, does it follow that each single Commerce point becomes fractionally divided into each of gold/research/culture/espionage (according to the percentages the player selects) or is each Commerce point assigned in a different manner (such as each Commerce point is equal to multiple gold/research/culture/espionage points? Thanks for your clarification.

4. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

Commerce is a yield like Food and Production. Any you add via Worldbuilder (that is accessible to a city somehow) will be added to that city's total. Wealth/Research/Culture/Espionage are generated proportionally from the city's total commerce at a 1:1 rate, but there are many modifiers that can alter this rate. See the section in the top left of each city screen for details, especially the mouseover tooltips.

5. Civ4Gandalf13

Civ4Gandalf13 Warlord