Differing DLC in multiplayer - question

starrywisdom

Warlord
Looking for a quick answer as the steam deal is going to expire. I ONLY play Civ 5 with a friend of mine in a comp-stomp style play. We both have vanilla civ ; how does DLC currently work now? Do both players need all the same DLC? Can they have different civ packs and only the person who owns it can play with them? How about the map packs, same thing? Thanks in advance :D

Bonus question: Does the DLC work with gods and kings or just vanilla civ?

Moderator Action: Moved to MP.

Everybody has to have the DLC for it to be available in a multiplayer game. DLC works with G&K just the same as in Vanilla.

Okay then I guess I'll just buy this and a set for my buddy; 8 bucks is worth us being able to play everything together imo.

Sid Meier’s Civilization® V: Babylon (Nebuchadnezzar II)
$4.99
$1.24
Remove
Civilization and Scenario Pack: Polynesia
$7.49
$1.86
Remove
Civilization V: Korea and Wonders of the Ancient World - Combo Pack
$7.49
$1.86
Remove
Civilization V: Denmark and Explorer's Combo Pack
$7.49
$1.86
Remove
Double Civilization and Scenario Pack: Spain (Isabella) and Inca (Pachacuti)

That look like everything(afaik the cradle of civ stuff isn't worth the money - correct me if im wrong)

The Cradle DLC is map packs only I believe - I haven't bought as I don't think they're worth it. You only really need the playable civ dlc and the wonders pack. (and G&K ofc)

This is kind of stupid. If I bought babylon and my friend didn't, my game shouldn't be restricted in MP.

How is it stupid? What happens when you come strolling along with your Babylonian unique units? Units that aren't on your friend's computer because he hasn't got the DLC? Those assets are physically missing, not just turned off in some magical way, so how should the game cope with that? Invisible people?

Dawn of War 2 allows vanilla players to play against Chaos Rising players, even if the CR player uses the race unique to CR. It is dumb that they charge us to use it, but refuse to let us use it in front of people who didn't buy it.

Top Bottom