Dimalio (01)

choxorn said:
We also get a Slave Worker. I want it to build a road to Bangalore, but there's Jungle in the way. Since we're going to clear it sooner or later, I decide to take "sooner" and clear a tile or two of it now.

lurker's comment: Have you any idea how long it will take to clear a jungle tile with a slave worker?

Yes. Don't worry- I put more normal workers on the job and finished during this turnset. And don't forget- we're industrious! That means 2x worker speed!!

3 days since my post, no got it from D'artagnan. skip!

Roster (which I'm leaving Pequenino out of until he posts here as he has been missing for over a month):

dimalio: On deck
choxorn: Just played
D'artagnan: skipped
goodsmell: UP

And now 3 days since that post, I think goodsmell still has RL problems.

Roster:
dimlalio: UP
choxorn: Just Played, On deck
D'artagnan: RL problems?
goodsmell: RL problems?

And now 3 days since that post, with no reply from dimalio. Can anybody play this save except me?? :mad:

lurker's comment: choxorn, maybe its just me, but I think the other people dont want to play, and if you want to finish it so badly, why dont you play solo? you could make a thread and stop at points and ask questions, it would be educational for your civ skills :) then again, I dont know if what I'm saying (about people not wanting to play) is true, so maybe email or wait a couple more days?

lurker's comment: I think Ansar is right. In addition, I also think it's possible that some players may resent your comments about them by name and speculation about why they aren't playing. A sample of what is ok:

dimalio: On deck
choxorn: Just played
D'artagnan: skipped
goodsmell: UP

Samples of what IMHO is not ok:

3 days since my post, no got it from D'artagnan. skip!

Roster (which I'm leaving Pequenino out of until he posts here as he has been missing for over a month):

And now 3 days since that post, I think goodsmell still has RL problems.

Roster:
dimlalio: UP
choxorn: Just Played, On deck
D'artagnan: RL problems?
goodsmell: RL problems?

And now 3 days since that post, with no reply from dimalio.

If I were on a team with you and you made such a personal issue of my being missing, I would be offended and never return to the game...especially since you are not even hosting the game. Stuff happens for all of us, and your attempts to control other players are a bit over the top. There are more tactful ways to handle it. Constant nagging may drive people away. Just my opinion. :hmm:

Okay, Okay, I get it. I'm just saying that 3 days is more than enough time to post a got it, and 5 is more than enough to play and post, so If they're busy they should at least post here or in the out of pocket thread and say they are busy and can't play. And if they're always to busy, and can never play, there's probably no point in them joining the SG in the first place.
As for Pequinino, I just did it so I wouldn't have to type:

Pequenino: hasn't been here for over a month

or something like that. We did it in Pequenino's SG. And I'm just asking for replies- not doing anything at all is kind of annoying. And throughout this thread, you find no reply from the person that's up (except when that person is me).

As for wondering about why they can't play, what's wrong with that? I'm curious.

As for it being personal about why their missing, that I'm not trying to do, and if I do, I'm sorry.

As for controling other players and nagging about it, I do not try to do that. But if you have a suggestion of anything better I can do, please tell me!

P.S.
you should see the story threads in which the writer takes at least 3 weeks to post updates. They get filled with spam asking for updates!

P.P.S.
If this thread does not get any replies from the players for a week, I'll take your word for it that I scared them away and think that this SG has died.

Choxorn hello there mate . I hope I'll back playing again , it just I flipped to be a Fan in Championship Manager , and I was playing Streetball everynight . But now I want play some Civ again .

Unfortunately , I think we should stop playing those SGs Dimalio's and Pequnenio's , and maybe start a new one with more active players

Actually, Pequenino's is going just fine- JJJspider, Elephantium, and me have all kept it alive. Currently, you are still in the roster (technically, Pequenino, yagtag, and cody are in it too, but Peq and Yagtag have been missing for over a month, and cody is taking a break from SG's), so will you continue to play?

However, in this game, you and I are the only ones have played even one turnset, since Pequenino's been missing for more than a month, and D'artagnan and dimalio are constantly having problems with their discs or computers. So, unless they fix them and start showing up on a regular basis, and say they will do so soon, we should let this game die- an SG is not an SG with 2 players.

goodsmell said:
Unfortunately , I think we should stop playing those SGs Dimalio's and Pequnenio's , and maybe start a new one with more active players
Glad to see you back, goodsmell! :)

I think that's a great idea to start a new game...maybe the two of you plus some of the other relatively new players who have stuck around for awhile. I'm thinking of JJJSpider and Elephantium from one of the SG's (can't recall the name) or some of those playing in the Tom Tom Club.

It's hard to know who will stick around among the newer players. An experienced SG friend of mine has described it "like herding beetles". The best games are among players who have proved they will be here and finish a game.

I didn't mean to pick on you, choxorn. I just hate being nagged about anything, though I always post when I need a swap or skip. Good luck to you guys!!! :D

Well, like I already said, JJJSpider, Elpehantium, goodsmell, and me, can keep Pequenino's game alive. However, this one I don't know about. It takes more than two players to play an SG, so unless D'artagnan and dimalio still want to and still can play, this SG is dead.

I'm happy to see you're happy Gmharriet ;)

Choxorn, okay so this SG is closed by our decision hehe , I guess I'll play in Pequenino's SG . Don't you think we should open a new page for Pequenino's SG ? rename it and make it fresher because there are too much spammed pages, or at least un-neccessary.

No it doesn't. Pequenino's SG has lots of pages, but they're not filled with spam. However, this SG, like people are saying, is dying, and has some spam in it. I'm giving D'artgnan and Dimalio a week to say they can play, but otherwise, I think we should let this SG die.

Personally, even if they will back I won't keep this SG .
I'm sorry but it su***

Well let's do not post anymore . I want this thread go away from the 1st threads page :D :D

Well that's one person, but the two of us can't keep this SG alive (telling from goodsmell's last post, he dropped out), so unless dimalio can play or Pequenino returns, or someone else takes interest, this SG is dead.

All i can say is your city placement is terrible!

I know. But hey, it doesn't matter that much. And I play these SG's to try and make it better. But you are right that it's my city placement, as all of those cities but Seattle and SF were built or captured by me (Seattle and SF were built by goodsmell).

If you knew, why didnt you chose the locations better then?

Nothing "matters" per sae, but you may as well do what you can.

Hell im not a good player, but i know city placement.... heck, ill do 10 turns why not :p

Top Bottom