Diplo with SABER vol. 1

From SABER:
Dear Babes,

The completion of the Great Library by Gong was a nasty surprise for us too. We are very interested in tech deals. We would be interested in buying Mysticism, Polytheism, Horseback Riding and Map Making. Could you give us an estimate of the cost of that?

About your proposal, wouldn't it be better to have two teams research techs, to cover both tech paths?

Yours,
Dutchfire
Team Saber

Hmmm. :mischief: Money for upgrades?

Who is Saber in contact with, what harm could this do - especially if we limit the sales to techs they can pay cash up front on, and would it be possible for our galleys to blockade future contact?

And if we timed it right, we could have them optimizing cash in production AND emptying their coffers right before we attack.:mwaha:

sell them the useless stuff such as mysticism, poly, even map making and milk them for our MW upgrades

well as I was going through the old threads it appears to me as though their science slider has been @ 0 since before we met them. It appears as though they got to literature and then bet the whole ball of wax on getting the Great Library which failed miserably. :lol:

So getting that money out of them instead of letting it go to Free or Council is a bright idea in my opinion. They'll still be lacking HBR iirc

with any luck, they'll get Mono as a free tech and then Gong would get that tech too :D

Siphais.... period

Colossus is not very useful in this type of game. The extra commerce may not help them to get out of their massive tech hole. They're going to have to buy their way back into this game and it may help a fraction in that department.

The b.l. is they got beat to the wonder that helped them the most. :satan:

The b.l. is they got beat to the wonder that helped them the most. :satan:

What was it Maxwell Smart used to say; "Missed it by that much."

Are we at war now?

If not could we not still sell to them, especially if dutch is offering, also may as well keep em talking- whats a reasonable price per beaker?

1 beaker = 1 gold is a good rule of thumb since they don't have multipliers like libs yet.

we don't want them entering MA anytime soon so why help them?

And I thought we had ruled them unsportsmanlike so why even talk to them???

- says:
are we talking about the monopoly beaker cost or the actual beaker cost?
Simon says:
monopoly?
- says:
there's the actual beaker cost of the tech, but as most civs already know these techs, they're cheaper for us to research, so their actual beaker cost for us is lower (or something like that, haven't civ3 for some time either)
Simon says:
ah right, well how about .8 monopoly, .7 actual?

*shrug* im not too sure what im doing!

@Wotan, i didn't start the conversation and im not going to be rude by just dismissing him. Plus there is nothing lost from a discussion.

Their cost is in turns to completion not price. If they can't catch pace then that's their problem.

BC--keep talking and tell him you'll present some thoughts to the team. I would ask what's our incentive to help them out of their rut? This game is about speed to techs and nothing else. The faster mulitpliers are built (IE libs, markets and unis) the faster the pace becomes. They can't compete without them.

Sorry we both stopped talking soon after that, i said i'd come back to the team and see what they thought of it.

Top Bottom