Diplomatic Win in 940 AD ???

luckyshuffle

Chieftain
So, you can't win Diplo until UN exists.
UN won't exist until you hit information age...
How is it possible that someone won Diplo Victory in 940 AD ???
They got to info age, and waited the turns for the first vote that early?
While at the same time setting the table to win that first vote?

How can this be?

Please help. Thank you.

Spain on lakes is broken ;)

Besides he probably conquered all civilizations except one or two (so only needed reach atomic era)

So I see if half the civs left are atomic age the UN triggers.
Is one of three half
or do you think one of the two others also reached atomic?
( you said he probably conquered all but one or TWO )
I know we are just speculating
Thanks again

The game rounds 3/2 down so yes, 1 of 3 remaining civs reaching Atomic is enough to trigger the UN vote. Note that in the final save there are 4 civs alive, because on a small map I wouldn't have been able to get enough votes in time without liberating a civ, which makes them vote for you.

Ok, so a bit of good luck involved for you. Being that another civ conquered someone's capital and gave you a target for liberating.

Would you mind sharing thiugh - how did you get another civ into atomic age to make it half?
Or did you liberate them between the UN founding and the vote?

Regardless, congrats on some masterful playing !!!

Thanks. Regarding liberation, you can't really expect an AI to conquer anyone on Warlord on their own, so I actually had to bring Gandhi's capital down to very low hp myself. Then I planted a city right next to Delhi and gifted it to William. Got Open Borders with William and gifted him a couple of good units, then bribed him to attack India. He easily took Delhi in one or two turns, after that I liberated India between UN founding and the vote.

Okay.
Thanks for sharing those smart ideas.
Impressive strategies !

Thanks also to whoever runs this whole site too.
I liked civ 4, and was having fun with civ v,
but discovering and participating in this HOF has GREATLY enhanced my enjoyment of the game.

By the way, does anyone know the total number of people who have made at least one submission of a game?

Okay.
Thanks for sharing those smart ideas.
Impressive strategies !

Thanks also to whoever runs this whole site too.
I liked civ 4, and was having fun with civ v,
but discovering and participating in this HOF has GREATLY enhanced my enjoyment of the game.

By the way, does anyone know the total number of people who have made at least one submission of a game?

Looking at HOF's Veni Vidi Vici, ~230.

It's one of the smallest maps though, so it's not rare to start next to 1-2 wonders, especially if you set bodies of water to seas in advanced setup.

Top Bottom