1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Disable Space Race 1.5

Disable Space Race - No Spaceports

1. Das Capitolin

Das Capitolin Warlord

Das Capitolin submitted a new resource:

Disable Space Race - Disable Space Race - No Space Ports

Read more about this resource...

2. Das Capitolin

Das Capitolin Warlord

3. Das Capitolin

Das Capitolin Warlord

4. Das Capitolin

Das Capitolin Warlord

Before I created this mod, I manually edited Districts.xml to restrict Spaceports. I observed that DISTRICT_SPACEPORT was assigned to common terrain tiles:
    Code:
                <Row DistrictType="DISTRICT_SPACEPORT" TerrainType="TERRAIN_GRASS"/>
                <Row DistrictType="DISTRICT_SPACEPORT" TerrainType="TERRAIN_PLAINS"/>
                <Row DistrictType="DISTRICT_SPACEPORT" TerrainType="TERRAIN_TUNDRA"/>
                <Row DistrictType="DISTRICT_SPACEPORT" TerrainType="TERRAIN_SNOW"/>
                <Row DistrictType="DISTRICT_SPACEPORT" TerrainType="TERRAIN_DESERT"/>
    Then I noticed that right above the DISTRICT_SPACEPORT were entries with different terrains for DISTRICT_ACROPOLIS.
    Code:
            <Row DistrictType="DISTRICT_ACROPOLIS" TerrainType="TERRAIN_GRASS_HILLS"/>
            <Row DistrictType="DISTRICT_ACROPOLIS" TerrainType="TERRAIN_PLAINS_HILLS"/>
            <Row DistrictType="DISTRICT_ACROPOLIS" TerrainType="TERRAIN_TUNDRA_HILLS"/>
            <Row DistrictType="DISTRICT_ACROPOLIS" TerrainType="TERRAIN_SNOW_HILLS"/>
    From experience, I recognized that grass hills, plains hills, and trundra hills were common in the game, but snow hills was something I had not seen. When I searched the maps, I didn't find them. That's when I thought to assign TERRAIN_SNOW_MOUNTAIN to DISTRICT_SPACEPORT as a way to prevent its construction. :)

Edit: TERRAIN_SNOW_MOUNTAIN does exist on the map, but it's for these impassable features:
    Code:
            <Row FeatureType="FEATURE_DEAD_SEA" TerrainType="TERRAIN_SNOW_MOUNTAIN"/>
            <Row FeatureType="FEATURE_KILIMANJARO" TerrainType="TERRAIN_SNOW_MOUNTAIN"/>
            <Row FeatureType="FEATURE_TORRES_DEL_PAINE" TerrainType="TERRAIN_SNOW_MOUNTAIN"/>
            <Row FeatureType="FEATURE_TSINGY" TerrainType="TERRAIN_SNOW_MOUNTAIN"/>
            <Row FeatureType="FEATURE_YOSEMITE" TerrainType="TERRAIN_SNOW_MOUNTAIN"/>

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  5. Das Capitolin

Das Capitolin Warlord

6. Das Capitolin

Das Capitolin Warlord

Das Capitolin updated Disable Space Race with a new update entry:

Version 1.2

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. nrh

nrh Chieftain

Thank you for the update.

Das Capitolin likes this.