Disable Space Race

Disable Space Race 1.51

Das Capitolin

Warlord
Das Capitolin submitted a new resource:

Disable Space Race - Disable Space Race - No Space Ports

-= WORK IN PROGRESS =-

Disable Space Race is a mod that hinders the building of Space Ports. Ideal for preventing AI from starting Space Race projects when Science Victory is disabled. This mod restricts Space Port construction to Snow Mountain Terrain, which are not found anywhere on the map. Cost and Maintenance are set to 999999999 and Aqueduct required as additional deterrents, should AI ever locate suitable tile. Compatible with Civilization VI (vanilla),...

Read more about this resource...

This sounds a very clever solution, indeed... :goodjob:
I just wonder, how come a TERRAIN_SNOW_MOUNTAIN exits at all, if there is no such terrain in the game?
Is it some hypothetical terrain type... meaning the logical "no terrain"? :)
Before I created this mod, I manually edited Districts.xml to restrict Spaceports. I observed that DISTRICT_SPACEPORT was assigned to common terrain tiles:
Code:
            <Row DistrictType="DISTRICT_SPACEPORT" TerrainType="TERRAIN_GRASS"/>
            <Row DistrictType="DISTRICT_SPACEPORT" TerrainType="TERRAIN_PLAINS"/>
            <Row DistrictType="DISTRICT_SPACEPORT" TerrainType="TERRAIN_TUNDRA"/>
            <Row DistrictType="DISTRICT_SPACEPORT" TerrainType="TERRAIN_SNOW"/>
            <Row DistrictType="DISTRICT_SPACEPORT" TerrainType="TERRAIN_DESERT"/>
Then I noticed that right above the DISTRICT_SPACEPORT were entries with different terrains for DISTRICT_ACROPOLIS.
Code:
        <Row DistrictType="DISTRICT_ACROPOLIS" TerrainType="TERRAIN_GRASS_HILLS"/>
        <Row DistrictType="DISTRICT_ACROPOLIS" TerrainType="TERRAIN_PLAINS_HILLS"/>
        <Row DistrictType="DISTRICT_ACROPOLIS" TerrainType="TERRAIN_TUNDRA_HILLS"/>
        <Row DistrictType="DISTRICT_ACROPOLIS" TerrainType="TERRAIN_SNOW_HILLS"/>
From experience, I recognized that grass hills, plains hills, and trundra hills were common in the game, but snow hills was something I had not seen. When I searched the maps, I didn't find them. That's when I thought to assign TERRAIN_SNOW_MOUNTAIN to DISTRICT_SPACEPORT as a way to prevent its construction. :)

Edit: TERRAIN_SNOW_MOUNTAIN does exist on the map, but it's for these impassable features:
Code:
        <Row FeatureType="FEATURE_DEAD_SEA" TerrainType="TERRAIN_SNOW_MOUNTAIN"/>
        <Row FeatureType="FEATURE_KILIMANJARO" TerrainType="TERRAIN_SNOW_MOUNTAIN"/>
        <Row FeatureType="FEATURE_TORRES_DEL_PAINE" TerrainType="TERRAIN_SNOW_MOUNTAIN"/>
        <Row FeatureType="FEATURE_TSINGY" TerrainType="TERRAIN_SNOW_MOUNTAIN"/>
        <Row FeatureType="FEATURE_YOSEMITE" TerrainType="TERRAIN_SNOW_MOUNTAIN"/>

Last edited:
Top Bottom