disk autoplay acting strangely

jajohns8

Chieftain
When I put the disk in to install, I got a dialogue box asking if I wanted to install, etc. I pick install and instead of installing the game, it starts install shield wizard and starts installing some SONY USB driver.
What a weird thing to happen, huh?

I managed to install by navigating to the proper .exe on the disk and clicking on that. Install went fine except for it prompting me to enter disk 2, saying that was incorrect and then finally accepting it.

I have a sapphire radeon x300 se PCI express x 16 graphics card; P4 3.0 GHZ, 768 RAM; and have not had any of the rendering problems described in the forums. I'm glad to see there is a fix for the problem for those people that did have trouble.

Note to development team and publisher: It does trouble me that somehow in the development, testing and release cycle, things were not done 100%. This is a surprise to me.

I have ALWAYS been a fan of Sid Meier's work, and I find it VERY disappointing that a product bearing his name shipped below standard. This has not happened before with any of his stuff to my knowledge, and I hope it doesn't happen again. A product, in my opinion, does not need to ship if it needs a patch to run.

Top Bottom