Distance from Land to Europe

Aerion

Chieftain
Dale, I seem to recall at one point spotting a setting that determines how far from land to the nearest Red "Sail to Europe" square on a random generated map. But now I can't find it again. Do you recall where that is?

In the game this can be set when you use the 'Fairweather(/Tweak)' map, though I presume you're actually looking for the location in the xml, in which case I can't help you! :(

It is located in CIV4EuropeInfo.xml file in GameInfo. Here is the EUROPE_EAST define:

Code:
		<EuropeInfo>
			<Type>EUROPE_EAST</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_EUROPE_EAST</Description>
			<Direction>east</Direction>
			<bStart>1</bStart>
			<iTripLength>2</iTripLength>
			<iMinLandDistance>4</iMinLandDistance>
			<iWidthPercent>20</iWidthPercent>
		</EuropeInfo>

I would say bStart means that this is where you are allowed to start the game in and iMinLandDistance defines the minimum distance between land and Europe plots. Not sure what iTripLength and iWidthPercent do, but they probably define the shape of the Europe plots.

It is located in CIV4EuropeInfo.xml file in GameInfo. Here is the EUROPE_EAST define:

Code:
		<EuropeInfo>
			<Type>EUROPE_EAST</Type>
			<bStart>1</bStart>
			[B]<iTripLength>2</iTripLength>[/B]
		</EuropeInfo>

I would say bStart means that this is where you are allowed to start the game in and iMinLandDistance defines the minimum distance between land and Europe plots. Not sure what iTripLength and iWidthPercent do, but they probably define the shape of the Europe plots.

I would presume this sets the journey time to Europe, ie 2x the normal time going Westwards?? Basing that on the assumption that Europe_East means going East from Europe?

Yes, EUROPE_WEST has a trip length of four. So that's probably what that is.

There are also EUROPE_SOUTH and EUROPE_NORTH, which don't seem to appear on the map ever, and have trip lengths of 4 and 2 respectively, with 3 and 0 min-land distances respectively. They have an iWidthPercent set to 0: perhaps iWidthPercent defines how much of the map is taken up by Europe plots?

Code:
		<EuropeInfo>
			<Type>EUROPE_EAST</Type>
			<bStart>1</bStart>
			<iTripLength>2</iTripLength>
		</EuropeInfo>

That's what I remembered seeing. But I couldn't remember where. Not very intuitive.

Thanks!!

Top Bottom